What to get?

TTA 1077

Going to put the TTA on ice for a while and am looking for a suitable replacement toy. I was strongly considering a GN but am now thinking that I won't want to drive that much either. My next choices are a used Cady CTS-V or a Dodge Charger SRT-8? Vetts are to pricey for a new one and never seem to get any GM incentives. I've never really been much of a Ford guy, so I am not to sure about a Stang, although I do like the Saleen and Shelby versions. Also anyone have any predictions for future collectibility? since whatever I get, I will more than likely have for some time. Or should I just wait for the new Camaro or even better another Firebird?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'd pick up an LS1 6spd Trans Am. Put the rest of the money into some mods and make a 500rwhp streetable daily driver.

I was thinking along 4th gen lines to, but I need somthing that is comfortable for people use.

I was thinking along 4th gen lines to, but I need somthing that is comfortable for people use.

Oh I saw you posted that you looked at Vettes so I thought it would work. Although really you can have passengers in the back of a 4th Gen and it's not too bad. I ridden in the back of my brothers 98 Trans for 2 1/2 hours with no exhaust and I had to sit on the floor because he was too lazy to put his seats back in. I've ridden in it many other times back there when it was stock and it's really not that bad (I'm 5'10").

If you can afford it the CTS-V and the SRT8s are badass vehicles. I know this may also sound a little weird but you might want to try look at the Mazda Speed6s, with a couple little mods (exhaust, tune, manual boost controller, and intake) they're making 300 AWHP.

Although not my cup of tea, that Mazda is NICE! I wonder how it stacks up against an M3? I only looked at the vetts once because I thaught the new style is one of the best and I was mostly just dreaming. The 4th gen idea is starting to evolve a little (thinking Lingenfelter) but I have time before I'll be ready to buy and I need to make sure whatever I buy I'll be happy with, because that will be it for a while:wink:

....snip.... My next choices are a used Cady CTS-V or a Dodge Charger SRT-8?....snip

A year ago I got rid of an SLS and replaced it with a Dodge Magnum. The Dodge rides and drives a LOT better, and does not leak oil. If a Caddy doesn't leak some oil, its empty. ;)

The Dodge has borrowed a lot of its suspension, seats, tranny and electronics from Mercedes and it is first class. Does better on fuel than my SLS too. The SRT-8 is not nearly as fast as any LC2 engined car, but it is plenty good enough. :)

Lots of 'deals' on the Dodge products now. Read about the new Dodge LX platforms at lxforums.com