What Roller Rockers

Ya...i'm wondering too....

c'mon guys...anyone ?

I know Turbo6x2 is using some....

Where did u get 'um and how much ?

rollers

Ed from Iowa---Hey-- I know you---Alan Roehrich (6 Pack To Go) has designed some new roller rockers that I saw on display Friday. Heavy duty stuff. Maybe he will chime in with an update as to price and when they will be available.

The story on the rockers is that I brought the prototypes home Saturday, I have the only ones there are.

I will finish fitting them Monday, and spin them on a test engine. Then I hope to get them on a running engine for a day or so.

Then they go back to Australia for final development. Along with a crank hub, so they can develop a true harmonic damper (SFI quality) while they finish the rockers.

This should all be done by Christmas. As soon as I can put together an order they'll be building the rockers, starting with 1.6:1 sets, moving on to 1.65:1 sets, and finally 1.7:1 sets.

These rockers are made of solid 7075-T6 extrusions, mounted on a 8620 or 8740 (we haven't decided on the material yet) tufftrided steel shaft. They have a bronze bushing instead of roller bearings on the shaft. The rockers are retained with tru arc retainers. By the time I'm finished, they will install with zero grinding (unless you have heads with bad core shift), and may even fit under stock covers, at least with thick or double gaskets.

I should be able to sell these things for around $475 complete, possibly a little less.

I'm going to need to set up sales to cover a run of 25 sets initially, I'm working on this while I do my part of the final development.

new stuff

Hey Lee, how you do'in? Did you get filled up with turkey and stuff'n? I was wondering if this rockers are any better then T&D's? I can get T&D's for around $450. If these are better, maybe I'll change my mind(which is't that big):rolleyes: Thanks for the replies!!!!!:)

Tell me why I need a set.

Whats the sell on these...i've heard the stockers are good to the tens...think I saw that in an ad on gnttype.org about heads.

I have mine off the car for port and polish...but the car will only see street duty...

So do I need 'um ? If I do....tell me why..

I'm not going to try to SELL anyone anything.

There are advantages to the roller rockers.

Stiffer shafts that solve the breakage problem some have.

Actual true valve action, since the shafts and rockers do not flex.

A true rocker ratio, the factory rockers are rated at 1.55:1, and are actually about 1.5:1, before you add the flex problem.

Adjustable valve train, makes EXACT setting of preload for each individual valve and lifter possible. Many have found they pick ET and MPH by just getting the valves adjusted right.

More area under the lift curve, due to the better rocker ratio of 1.6:1, and practically eliminating flex in the rocker system.

Yes, you can go fast without them, real fast in many cases. You can go faster easier with them, in many cases.

As an engine builder, I DESPISE non adjustable valvetrain, because unless you buy a special pushrod for EACH individual cylinder, preload can never be perfect on every cylinder. I have some engines with two different length pushrods when they shouldn't have to be that way.

Originally posted by HOTSIX
Ya...i'm wondering too....

c'mon guys...anyone ?

I know Turbo6x2 is using some....

Where did u get 'um and how much ?
Sorry just saw the post, let me look it up and get back to you with the information. I'm pretty sure it was something Weber was using at the time for Terry Houston. I know we did a lot of research and decided this was the best way to go for a hot air, for pretty much all the reasons explained in the previous post. Just easier to work with. Of course these weren't available when we were doing the motor two years ago...

Okay great.

Hey 6Pack - I didn't mean for you to try and SELL me anything here. I was just looking for reasons why I would want them for my motor - thats all.

You pretty much answered my question though...I guess i'd be looking at about $600 + CDN for a set. I don't know that I would immediately want some right away ...not doing any racing just a street car. Even though there are many advantages to them...I don't think (hope) ill be breaking any shafts either.

I got other areas in my car needing attention frst...but I will probably end up buying a set eventually.

Yours sound like a real nice piece....well engineered and so forth.