What refrigerant?

TTA 1077

Now that I purchased my new A/C compressor I need to know what some of you think I should use for a refrigerant? The shop that I use is vary good and the mechanic is a friend of mine and knows GN's and my car vary well. The problem is that they are bound by law and have to use 134r if I choose to have them provide the refrigerant. However my mechanic said he would use whatever as long as I provide it. I would rather use R12 but it's hard to come by in my area and quite expensive. I hear that HC12 is vary good and environmentally friendly but combustible? I have also heard that 134R won't blow as cold as R12 in older systems and can be corrosive to them?

R12 is the way to go it blows colder and its worth the extra money in my mind. dont go to the 134 unless you have no other choice

hello I use freon called freeze 12 in all older cars in place of r12 this stuff works great just call your local advance auto they have it. freeze 12 cools better than 134a I hate retro fitting to 134a you won't be sorry trust me I use it all the time!!!!! the best part is you don't need to be certified to buy

That is what my mechanic told me too! I think in the long run i'll save $$$ or brake even. If I stay with R12 I wont have to convert my system as long as that new compressor will be ok with the R12. 2quick PM me on a price if you want to part with the R12