what radiator to get ???

wow are the f body radiators really "that" bad???

I am not saying they are bad. I have used them in the past with no problems. I am just saying be careful and realize it is not the same as an aluminum rad. Remember our cars have boost pressure, something F-bodies dont' have to worry about....

I am not saying they are bad. I have used them in the past with no problems. I am just saying be careful and realize it is not the same as an aluminum rad. Remember our cars have boost pressure, something F-bodies dont' have to worry about....

My TTA does:eek:

Maybe someone else will post up about f body rads blowing end tanks and we will all learn not to use them due to inherent problems with the tanks blowing off. Like I said, this is the first time I heard about that.

How much fluid hit the ground when that hose blew off? Did it cause you to wreck?

If you race these cars, stuff can go wrong and cause you to hit the wall...all kinds of stuff.

If these radiators are causing wrecks we all need to hear about it!

Until then I'll run my "cheap" radiator.:rolleyes:

Maybe someone else will post up about f body rads blowing end tanks and we will all learn not to use them due to inherent problems with the tanks blowing off. Like I said, this is the first time I heard about that.

How much fluid hit the ground when that hose blew off? Did it cause you to wreck?

If you race these cars, stuff can go wrong and cause you to hit the wall...all kinds of stuff.

Same here. My fbody radiator seems to work great. I'm not on a big budget like alot of you, so $400 saved is $400 earned for me;)

They are like $100 at autozone. Do a search on T6P there is a link there to them.

I am not knocking anyone for using it, I plainly stated they do work, and I used them for a while with no problems. Just pointing out the other side to the debate. He asked for opinions on both....

Yes I lost the fluid, no I didn't wreck. I was only about 300ft out and let out as soon as it popped. Dont' know what would have happend if I didn't lift.

:eek: Do u have a stat ? :)

I have a 160 stat with a small hole drilled in it.

Also have a few other mods: No a/c, the bypass from the water pump to the intake is not used, and a big shroud that sits about 1/2" off the radiator and covers up about 90% of the radiator. I think the key is the 3000 cfm spal fan.

Before this, I was using a stock 3 core radiator and a 16" 2200 cfm fan and no shroud. The car would run around 205 sitting still.

I tried running w/o a stat but the car runs cooler with the stat with the small hole.

Better Check the Clock

:wink: :wink:

Don't you need to be somewhere soon there 8AV8?

Fast response...thanx !

I have a 160 stat with a small hole drilled in it.

Also have a few other mods: No a/c, the bypass from the water pump to the intake is not used, and a big shroud that sits about 1/2" off the radiator and covers up about 90% of the radiator. I think the key is the 3000 cfm spal fan.

Before this, I was using a stock 3 core radiator and a 16" 2200 cfm fan and no shroud. The car would run around 205 sitting still.

I tried running w/o a stat but the car runs cooler with the stat with the small hole.

Kevin, 2 more ?s :redface: . What size drill bit for the hole in the stat ? The by-pass hose ur talking about , is it the small s-shaped hose ? If so, what's the purpose of this mod ? Thanx. :)

Kevin, 2 more ?s :redface: . What size drill bit for the hole in the stat ? The by-pass hose ur talking about , is it the small s-shaped hose ? If so, what's the purpose of this mod ? Thanx. :)

The tstat hole is probally about 1/4" or so, maybe a hair bigger.

The s hose was eliminated. Seems like it allows the engine to heat up faster.