What pump pressure should I see ?

Beamer

I have a Razor kit and I suspect a possible pump pressure problem.

I have a 200 PSI gauge and I am seeing 90 - 100 PSI with the dial on 7 with the push to test button. The gauge is fluctuating back and forth rapidly. Am I wron that I am low on pressure? I was thinking around 180 PSI.

My kit is probably 4 years old and has 2 days of track racing and some 3,000 miles of occasional WOT blasts. Just curious if it is a time thing that may cause this or something else that may create issues. I have always had a seperate 5 and 2 gallon gas cans from new for my methanol storage only and NEVER had a petroleum product in them.

Thanks for any advice,
Mike

How much boost are you running? I usually see around 150 lbs on my gauge with low to mid 20's for boost.

I am running dual nozzles and hitting around 28 PSI, and have seen some strange recordings with the powerlogger on the WB.

The pressure I am looking at is with the feed to the nozzles disconnected and straight into the gauge. Not spraying anything at all, just into a gauge. I am taking it that you are seeing 150 with a nozzle spraying also.

Maybe Julio will see this and tell me if I am checking it wrong with it dead heading into a gauge. I primed the line first to ensure there was fluid fully in the line. I am sure there is a leak somewhere also with the resevior level going down over time without driving the car.

Thanks Mark !

Mike

Well first the test your doing it wrong. Dead heading the pump and using the test button wont work.

You need to test the pump using a nozzle and having the pump see 12+ volts DC. Test only applies 3.5-4.0 volts. The way you can do this is "T" your gauge into the pressure line and have nozzles connected. Then put 30 PSI boost into the 3 bar map. Or jump the gray and green wires on its plug. With a single 15 nozzle should be 140-160 PSI car not running. On twins 135?

Easier way is to purchase a tester we make that has a guage and nozzle built into a cap. And a simulator that sweeps the 3 bar signal. Those are $75.

Glad test only puts out 3.5-4.0 volts else you could hurt the motor on the pump. Dead heading is like duct taping your mouth shut and someone jumping on your stomach. In this case a child did the jumping. ;)

4+ year old pump.. sitting in a caustic chemical..engine methanol dependant running 28 PSI boost.. what are you waiting for to send it in and get a checkup/rebuild on the pump? Its not pretty when volume goes down due to an issue.. if you where running 18-20 PSI.. you can let it ride out way longer.

Just me..

Julio

There we go ! Some great info from Julio. Just what I was wanting, lol.

I was in fear that I may have been doing the test wrong.

I will try to call you to set up sending it in for test/rework.

Mike