What parts can I take off the Rivieras?

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
There is an 85 and an 86 in the scrapyard and I was wondering what can be used on the 87 ttypes. I pulled the horn cap and ring, halfway broke as soon as I moved it. The 85 has the grey sport leather steering wheel, looks like its wore or dirty, cant tell. Are these the same as our cars? What parts should I grab for spares?

If you found A t-type Riviera, that's pretty cool. Those oil pans are selling for $$ to the Riviera crowd. Same thing for the headers.

Not much else that's worth pulling.

Do a search here for people looking for those two items, and you just made some $$.

No its not a t but it does have some usable parts. grey interior with leather seats and center console, sunroof,column shift. Anyone need stuff let me know I'll be happy to pull it and send it. car has 307 with od tranny.

I just pulled a set of Aluminum rear brake drums off a 86 Riv, they seem to have the same 5 X 4 3/4" bolt pattern as a G body. Could save you 4 lbl's per drum, every little bit helps!

WE4!!!!!!!! Already got them!! Chime in TURBOFISH! Let me know what all works for me off this car before it gets crushed!

Need to know the exact year. 86 was the first year of the new body and there isn't anything of value on those. If it is 85 and older not much is of value either. The astroroof will fetch good money if the pan isn't rusted. It's the same unit that they use in the G-body. The rest of the stuff might be worth something if you have a Riv. I make good money on the body parts. Things like grilles,lights,doors and fenders. If it has a good dash pad theres more good money waiting too. Check the SPID label in the trunk. If there is code U41 on there than it has the low fuel warning light and those will work on a Regal.

A few things you can use off a Riv is the speedo panel. Plug and play, both analog or digital ... no disfunctional tach/boost gauge on analog, but boost lites on digital. :biggrin: I also use the Riv AC vents. Rather than black plastic, they are chrome and can be used in TRs. Another thing that few Regals come stock with, but all Rivs and Toronados have is courtesy lights mounted towards the rear of the door panel. A white and red light. So far, I've installed them on my GN. Looks great, plus a good safety feature. ;)

Here's a shot of the AC vents ......:cool:

Attachments

• MAROON T-TYPE 010.jpg
    MAROON T-TYPE 010.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 292
On Monday (tomorrow) I am going to a local junk yard to get the Astroroof out of an 84 Riv, it is too cheap to not buy for spare parts!!

what do the astroroofs usually go for? I think it is still sitting down there. I was thinking about getting it all out of the car and maybe putting it in my
we4. Would doing this hurt the value of it?

what do the astroroofs usually go for? I think it is still sitting down there. I was thinking about getting it all out of the car and maybe putting it in my

usetaboost,

If you want, send me an email and I will tell you what I paid for my Astroroof assembly and I can also send you some pics of it as well.

You're going to need more than the astroroof. The astroroofs use a specific roof panel that has not only a finished edge around the opening but inner supports that hold the astroroof to the roof. You'll need the roof from a G-body in otherwords. It would still make for some good usable parts to some one who has the AR option.

John,the speedos are the same on the analogs but the fuel gauge without the boost/tach says Riviera on it plus its for a column shift model.As the Rivs had the trip odometer standard(like the TR) the speedo would work if your trip odometer is screwed up like they all are after 20 years. The digital will work but the processor for the fuel gauge is wrong and it will read a little off. Regal=18 gallons. Riviera=23 gallons.

John,the speedos are the same on the analogs but the fuel gauge without the boost/tach says Riviera on it plus its for a column shift model.As the Rivs had the trip odometer standard(like the TR) the speedo would work if your trip odometer is screwed up like they all are after 20 years. The digital will work but the processor for the fuel gauge is wrong and it will read a little off. Regal=18 gallons. Riviera=23 gallons.

Do digital fuel gauges really work? :biggrin:

Yes, the panel that the fuel gauge is on on the analog model, on the opposite side (right), says Riviera, but you can easily remove that script and replace it with some kind of Buick logo, or nothing at all. I have one of these Riv analog speedo cases on my GN. Because the Riv donor had a column shift, it's very helpful having the gear position noted on the speedo face because I shift my GN sometimes, (Art Carr trans) and don't have to look down at the shifter to confirm I'm in overdrive or drive. It's right under the speedometer. If you have an opportunity to get one, for the price, it's a good extra part to have. ;)