what parts are needed for a 11- mid 11 second car?

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
I'm buying a t-top Gn or T-Type and looking for something I can run around in that can turn a 11-11.5 at least.

Not looking to have a radically built car or even caged. Pretty much a fun street car. I'm fixing to start buying parts for it and was just needing some good advice on it.

My friend Kevin has a killer street car. 109 with Billet caps, forged crank, DLS ported iron heads and intake, 210-215 cam, and a 6265E billet turbo. Vince Janis 200 and Razor ALKY. 10.89 so far and a crappy 60' time on 23lbs. It is an awesome ride in the passenger seat. Very realiable too.

:biggrin:

My friend Kevin has a killer street car. 109 with Billet caps, forged crank, DLS ported iron heads and intake, 210-215 cam, and a 6265E billet turbo. Vince Janis 200 and Razor ALKY. 10.89 so far and a crappy 60' time on 23lbs. It is an awesome ride in the passenger seat. Very realiable too.

:biggrin:

Dang couch I need more info on that one

Look at my signature and really not much has been done to it and i just recently went to the track got there late and made a pass with 30 psi in the rear tires No burn out and launched about 5 lb's of boost and ran a 12.31 @ 111.70 with a horibble 60ft of 1.94...

11's are real Easy to run with these car's....

Keep us posted

Knowing what I know today. My choice for a very streetable Turbo Buick, that will go deep in the elevens would be.

Stock heads
pump gas
Good hot wired fuel pump
60 lbs inj
Razor's alky
Turbo tweek alky chip
Good SLIC.
cold air kit
better down pipe and exhaust
2800 non LU conv
dbl BB 6262 turbo
Boxed LCAs
MT DRs
Good tune

In the hands of somone that knows how to tune, this car should have no problem running deep in the elevens, or better. Out of all the "cool" parts on this list, the tune is the most important thing and should be focused on the most. If you don't plan on spending the time to learn how to be safe with the tune, I'd recomend keeping this combo in the twelves untill you have the patience to understand the needs of this fickle beast.

Don't try and set the world on fire over night. Take your time and enjoy the journey.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

See sig.

For the record...
My heads and intake I bought used...
My roller cam...I bought used...
My old school Eastern FMIC....used....
Short block is a forged rotating assy with OE caps and slipghtly bumped compression...
All the above was verifed good and bought from Lou Czarnota, and I've logged over 35000 trouble free and brutal miles on his build.

Track tune courtesy of Mr Spoolfool2...I always spend a few hours with Mike making runs and tweaking via DirectScan data before heading to the track to be sure the tune is safe for the track and won't leave me stranded.

Also check out RJREYNOLDS....hitting 10.90's on an unopened long block on a very dialed in combo and lots of seat time.

The reality for a strong 11 second TB...it's all in a well matched combo and then the tune and the dialing in of the combo...then it's up to the driver to 60' well and then just hold it to the floor and drive straight until past the traps.

Don't need a bunch of fancy pretty parts to go fast with these cars.

I did my 11.14 by launching at about 6psi on the brakes. I lift my foot off the brake peddle after the second yellow lights (as already noted...R/T will not improve ET....but it's more fun to come in first:biggrin: in a close one....) and go straight to WOT...

I think the key to 11's is a stall, tires, alky, and aftermarket turbo in a nutshell.
I have yet to run mine at the track but with my set up and stock converter my car is a PIG

See sig.

For the record...
My heads and intake I bought used...
My roller cam...I bought used...
My old school Eastern FMIC....used....
Short block is a forged rotating assy with OE caps and slipghtly bumped compression...
All the above was verifed good and bought from Lou Czarnota, and I've logged over 35000 trouble free and brutal miles on his build.

Track tune courtesy of Mr Spoolfool2...I always spend a few hours with Mike making runs and tweaking via DirectScan data before heading to the track to be sure the tune is safe for the track and won't leave me stranded.

Also check out RJREYNOLDS....hitting 10.90's on an unopened long block on a very dialed in combo and lots of seat time.

The reality for a strong 11 second TB...it's all in a well matched combo and then the tune and the dialing in of the combo...then it's up to the driver to 60' well and then just hold it to the floor and drive straight until past the traps.

Don't need a bunch of fancy pretty parts to go fast with these cars.

I did my 11.14 by launching at about 6psi on the brakes. I lift my foot off the brake peddle after the second yellow lights (as already noted...R/T will not improve ET....but it's more fun to come in first:biggrin: in a close one....) and go straight to WOT...

I can't find any threads with that username, u sure thats his username?