What launch technique with my setup? Going to the track in 2 weeks.

HouTX87

So I'm planning to head back to the track in 2 weeks. Last time out was in February and I ran a 12.12 @ 112.8 with a 1.88 60' time. Launched at zero psi with 22 or 23 psi boost. I had the front sway bar loose and the car was a little spooky on the big end.

Since then I've added s10 wheel cylinders and I've been able to hold 5 psi boost just testing it on the street. I've also replaced the timing chain, installed LS1 maf and translator and upgraded from 42lb to 60lb injectors. I'd love to launch it at 5 psi but I'm not sure if the bfg drag radials will hook. Wish I had mickey's for the track but the bfg's have been a good street tire.

So I'm thinking ... three second burnout, launch at maybe 3 psi boost for starters, 10 psi in right side air bag, 18 psi in the tires. I have the car tuned for 25 psi right now and it's running great.

Any tips are greatly appreciated guys.

I'd be interested in seeing the responses. I have a similar set up to yours other than heads.

I run Nitto DR's and I'm going to the track for the first time Sunday.

My car hooks decent on the street at 18/20 psi from a foot break so we'll see what happens when I get in to the boost at the track.

Put 25psi in the air bag if you still have the stock sway bar on the back. You might have to let some air out of the tires. Start off easy, and leave harder until you spin. BFG's aren't the greatest, but they are decent, and you should be able to get into the 1.6's maybe quicker depending on track prep.

I've got a Hotchkis rear sway bar. Slightly bigger than stock and bolts on just like stock.

I'd be interested in seeing the responses. I have a similar set up to yours other than heads.

I run Nitto DR's and I'm going to the track for the first time Sunday.

My car hooks decent on the street at 18/20 psi from a foot break so we'll see what happens when I get in to the boost at the track.

Good luck and let us know how you run. You can build 18/20 psi boost on the street with the foot brake? Wow. At 5 psi my tires break loose. Before the s10 wheel cylinders I couldn't get into boost at all. My goal with this setup is 11.7 but anything in the 11's next time out would make me happy.

Put 25psi in the air bag if you still have the stock sway bar on the back. You might have to let some air out of the tires. Start off easy, and leave harder until you spin. BFG's aren't the greatest, but they are decent, and you should be able to get into the 1.6's maybe quicker depending on track prep.

I'll definitely try 25psi in the right side bag. Should I put any air in the left side bag? I wish I had an HR bar also but the Hotchkis bar was a compromise for now at least.

Good luck and let us know how you run. You can build 18/20 psi boost on the street with the foot brake? Wow. At 5 psi my tires break loose. Before the s10 wheel cylinders I couldn't get into boost at all. My goal with this setup is 11.7 but anything in the 11's next time out would make me happy.

Sorry I didn't say that right. I can foot brake the car up on the convertor at maybe 5 psi and hook. Total boost is 18/20.

I can light the tires up if I reeeealy put it up on the convertor.