What kind of wheel spacers? are they safe?

ttribejr

I have never had to run them before on any car. My 275/60/15 MT drag radials are rubbing on the passenger side (stock GN wheels). Looks like I need 3/16 or 1/4"

I see hubcentric spacers on ebay for about 30$ a pair. Is this what you guys are using? any pictures to confirm?

If you have another source, post a link please.

Thanks.

8" wide rims with 275/60s will have much less bulging. There's a widened set of gn rims f/s right now. Better solution than spacers.

I have spacers hanging on the wall in the garage that I used with 8 inch rims running the DR's 275/50/15's. I bought them at the local parts store. Never had a problem running them.

All you that say not to run them. How do you remedy the situation of rubbing only on one side? Tire is hitting the frame.

All you that say not to run them. How do you remedy the situation of rubbing only on one side? Tire is hitting the frame.

Mine was one side as well. LR just barely rubbed.

I have more than one set, and I don't use them any more. I'll send ya two just pay shipping. NBD.

I have never had to run them before on any car. My 275/60/15 MT drag radials are rubbing on the passenger side (stock GN wheels). Looks like I need 3/16 or 1/4"

I see hubcentric spacers on ebay for about 30$ a pair. Is this what you guys are using? any pictures to confirm?

If you have another source, post a link please.

Thanks.
Summit or jegs.

spacers work. cheap and easy.i ran them for over 20 years with 1.4 60fts and tons of street driving.

Spacers are fine. If the tire doesn't rub by about a 1/4 inch on one side.........THEN IT'S TOO SMALL. Order bigger tires.

An 8" rim will help with the contact patch. The 7 will bow the tire too much and wear out the center faster than the rest of the tire.

1. The cheapo cast spacers are known to crack. Billet doesn't.
2. Check the thread engagement on the lug nuts. Stock length studs may not provide enough engagement.
AIRC, the engagement has to be at least the diameter of the stud.
3. The nuts HAVE to be open ended, assuming the track tech is reasonably competent. Could be, Billy Bob's Dragway is OK w/ no more than 2 studs/nuts missing.:D

Like these.
http://www.jegs.com/p/Baer-Brake/Baer-Billet-Wheel-Spacers/759919/10002/-1

My IROC came with rear 3/16 spacers from factory. Why I don't know, I removed them and used on the Buick because my 275's rubbed slightly on turns. I would be wary of running thicker ones.

I had billet spacers on mine and the wheel lugs started to snap on the dyno. Could of killed someone.