What kind of springs are these??

Mac

Guys,

I purchased a low mileage GN with a few mods and slowly going through the car and noticed something different about the springs on the car. I think they are variable rate but I have no experience with them. Can anyone tell me what they are and are they any good? The car sits a half inch lower in the rear than the front. It also have airbags which are both blown. My plan is to change them out asap but just wanted to see what they are and why someone would install them in a GN.

Attachments

• IMG_2606_resize.jpg
    IMG_2606_resize.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 149
that looks like

a heated stock spring, would account for sitting low in the rear.

Guys,

I purchased a low mileage GN with a few mods and slowly going through the car and noticed something different about the springs on the car. I think they are variable rate but I have no experience with them. Can anyone tell me what they are and are they any good? The car sits a half inch lower in the rear than the front. It also have airbags which are both blown. My plan is to change them out asap but just wanted to see what they are and why someone would install them in a GN.

They are upside down. That should not change the height though.The closer coils go towards the top.I have the eibach set and they look the same as those.they might have left the factory springs in the front

Guys,

Thanks for the great help. You think if I swap the left and right spring it would change the height? All I need is a half inch higher in the rear to make it the same height as the front. I could always just add some air in the airbags to make up the difference. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck