What is this combo capable of ?

turbotaone

I bought my TTA last year and haven't got it to the track yet,but I should have it ready this year. I was just wondering what my combo is capable of,I mean if all the conditions and the tune were perfect,how quick could this car go with what I have on it? Here is my combo, TA-49, 009's, 206 Comp cam/springs, ported stock heads, 62mmTB, Dut.neck on stock IC, XP fuelpump, 3"DP/Exhaust(no cat), Engine is bored 10 over, stock D5 conv./tranny and I plan on buying one of Razor's PAC alky kits also. Is this a good set-up for a TTA that is mostly street driven,but will occasionally see the track?

Thanks
James

Well it looks like you got a REALY nice 90% street, 10% track set up. You put an alky kit on there and you'll realy start to get your moneys worth out of the other mods already on the car. So don't get side tracked and wind up forgeting about the alky.
With a good set of drag radials, pump gas, and alky you will probably see low 12's and high 11's with decent tunning. Now if you get real aggressive with alky or go to race fuel and get aggressive you will go even faster. Most of the game comes down to how well you have it tuned, and how aggressive you get with it. In the right hands that combo could probably go low 11's. (13 oh's if I owned it :D ).
If you'r looking for low et's this is what I would do. Ask some guys on here how to 60' a TTA hard on a stock convertor. The harder you launch the less you'll have to push the car to get some nice et's. Tuning, and maximizing launches is going to get you the best et for amount of boost ran. Then it will be a matter of how much boost you feel comfortable running. Ive ran 30psi on the street before. :eek: Some guys get nervous once they go over 20 (bunch of sissy's)

HTH: Jason

Thanks for the reply Jason, I'm hoping for mid 11's,if I'm lucky,and get some good launches. The previous owner of the car claims that it went 11.90, and that was before I added the ported heads, 62mm TB.,and the Dutt.neck. I plan on getting the tranny freshened up first(starting to slip a little),and then I'll order the alky kit from Razor.

James

turbotaone,

If you study ttatony's post Here, You'll prolly conclude that your goal of 11.5 is right in the ball park :)

Thanks Lee, I checked out ttatony's post and our combos are very close to the same,so I think if I learn how to drive and tune the car then my goal of mid 11's are very possible.

James

It takes tires, tuning, a little luck, and a boat load of seat time :)

Nothing majical about it.. just need to learn the car what it likes and dislikes.

HTH..

BTW, thanks for the alky support :)

Tune for ~1600º to 1650º EGT with the alky and 116-118 MPH will be yours! IMO the MPH game is more impressive that the low ET's in most cases. You might get 60'ed by a car but run past him out the back door....that always looks cool to the croud!! The rear in these cars is not known to be the most stout piece, so keep the 60' times in the 1.6 to 1.7 area and tune for the MPH...have fun with it. I would also either loose the 009's and get 50's, or have Eric Marshall burn you a chip for the 009's and see what happens. With the alky and 009's you might have problems with it loading up down low....Eric can make that go away. A looser converter might also help your short times and make it easier for you to get good 60' times without having to leave at 60 psi of boost:)