What is the angle of the slash cut on a stock exhaust pipe?

TDmkr496

Getting ready to make a 3" exhaust for my 87 T. Can someone tell me what the angle is of the "slash cut" is on a stock tail pipe?

Attachments

• Tail Pipe_B.png
    Tail Pipe_B.png
    586.8 KB · Views: 162
Take a measuring device and messure it. I think something as simple as a framing square can give you that angle.

Take a measuring device and messure it. I think something as simple as a framing square can give you that angle.

I suspect he doesn't have a stock tailpipe to measure and was using the photo of the highway stars stock exhaust for reference.

I am intrigued what you will use for mufflers.

My exhaust is an old Conelys Performance Plus Mag Tune system I purchased in '91. I like to go 1/3rd down from the top and cut it at approx. 45•.

Not stock, just giving you some ideas.
IMG_4167.JPG

Last edited:
^^ You are correct, I do not have a stock tail pipe to measure. I'm making a 3" system and so I was trying to try and keep a stock look kinda haha...

I had to bring this back from the dead because when I was helping my mom clean out some old buildings on the farm that are coming down soon I found the stock muffler from my car that I removed the summer of '87.

IMG_5476.JPG

IMG_5477.JPG

It measures right at 32 deg. starting 5/8" down from the top.

IMG_5473.JPG

The end is flat at the top, then angles from there.

IMG_5474.JPG

Measure down 5/8", then start your 32 deg. angle cut.

IMG_5475.JPG

This info is more than likely too late for the OP, but hopefully it will help someone down the line.