What is it going to run?

Thanks GNVYUS 1 the fueling issues are good. The data log showed an injector DC in the 70's and the afr was hovering around 11.1 I only have a 4 point cage in it now. I raced at a grudge match They let me run but I was informed I need to add the additional points to the cage as well as a crossbar so the weight should go up allittle.

Bison I was shifting the car at 5800 to 5900. It seemed to be pulling all the way to there. Are you saying I should be shifting it at 5200 to 5300. Also what symptoms should I be noticing with the valve springs the way they are because I did not notice any, it pulled really smooth. If you were to change the valve springs which ones would you use. What benefit would there be to go to the roller rockers with the larger 1.66 ratio for alittle more lift to that cam? I have a really nice port job on the heads and better valves, could that be why it ran to that rpm?
Of coarse I want the 9.40's:biggrin: But what do you see as the downside to going with the 3.08's as opposed to the 3.23's Is there a down side to going with the 308.s If I was to guess I think you are going to say at lower boost levels the 3.08 are going to not work very well. Thanks guys I really appreciate the answers and I would love to see this thing crack off a 9 sec pass
5200-5300 is where it is making the most power and should be your flash stall speed at the highest boost you will run. Your shift point should be around 5800. Your going to need more than 5800 to clear the traps in 3rd. A lot more if you turn it up to 30psi. Your springs are adequate shifting at under 6000. Adding a bigger ratio rocker will work them harder. If your not looking to run mid 9 sec mph then you dont need the 3.08 gears. 3.23 will be better driving it. Your correct at low boost the 3.08 will likely hurt you. It takes a lot of cylinder pressure to pull the 3.08 28" tire combo. I wouldnt hesitate running 30psi in the light car though. Or go to a 29" tire and run the 3.23 gears. Either way the converter is going to need attention first. With a little over 5% converter slip you can go 142mph with 3.23's and 28" tires at 5800rpm. If you went with a PTC 9.5" id likely use 3.23 gears. Id leave the springs alone and go for the converter.

Thanks, I am still on cloud#9 from running the 10.5 I never thought it would run this good for me.:eek: It is going to take some money saving but I will let you know how it goes. I Must update the cage first then I will address the converter and the gearing. I really appreciate the input.

Turbo6man.. heres my lightweight. Still has full factory interior and A/C !
thanks for asking. Steve Keech

Attachments

• P1010302.jpg
    P1010302.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 246
  • P1010303.jpg
    P1010303.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 246