What is a good set up for 1/8 mile dragstrips?

Walt03

We have mainly 1/8 mile strips here.
What would be a good set up for the 1/8 mile vs. the 1/4 mile.

What works for you?

Lower gears? 3:73's
What cam?
Injectors
Converter?
Turbo?
HR sway bar?

The 60 foot is most important but what else make an optimum setup?
thx

It would help if you mention how fast you want to go in the eight. Look up the TSM combo's

I recently ran a 7.40 with my set up and it felt really good. I have 42 lb injectors, RJC racing plate, 3400 bradco converter, Razor Alky Kit, TA49 turbo, 3" downpipe with single 3" all the way back, magnaflow muffler, 87 S10 manual brake cylinders, Ported stock intercooler, stock heads, stock block, 342 gears, hotwire kit, BF Goodrich drag radials, Turbo Tweak 20 lb chip, stock throttle body, Cold air intake (homemade) K&N cone type filter and airbags. I would like to run a quarter mile track once just to see what it would do, all we have around here are 1/8 mile tracks:mad:

Set a car up for the eighth, and it will only cost you more to run the quarter. Just use the 1/8 mile tracks to test the car. Something to give you an idea of what the car will run in the 1/4.

Unless of course you want to run the 1/8 mile and compete. You gear a TR for the short track, and there's no hope for you in the 1/4.

I ran a 6.9 in Huntsville last year. Only tracks around here like you say are 1/8 mile. Ran a 7.4 at 18psi. Ran a 7.1 at 20psi. Then ran the 6.9 at 22psi. I quit there and haven't had a chance to go back. Car was running pig rich too. Stock gears in the rear. I didn't set the car up to run the 1/8 but that gives you an idea. Most all of my upgrades are listed. Hope this helps.

Don't put 3:73's in it unless you're running a tall tire - like 29"-30" - even then I wouldn't do it

How fast are you looking to go 1/8 is the question ? Small turbo a lil larger converter than needed and small 26 inch tall tires an these cars will 1/8 purdy good IMO