What happened to www.89tta.com ?

Scott89TTA

Anybody know what happened to "20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am" www.89tta.com ? It has been down for a while now. I think it was John Pearcy's site but not sure...it had all the specs and complete details on the TTA...lots of good information. If it was John's and he is giving it up somebody should take it over if possible...would be a shame to lose the site and info :(

I told them I'd take it over in a heart beat! We talked about it when it first went away but I haven't heard from him. I used that site for all the info that I had to submit to Hemmings. I agree it was a great site. Hopefully I can get it off him and host it. It will be up forever if I do that's for sure! :)

I told them I'd take it over in a heart beat! We talked about it when it first went away but I haven't heard from him. I used that site for all the info that I had to submit to Hemmings. I agree it was a great site. Hopefully I can get it off him and host it. It will be up forever if I do that's for sure! :)

Keep on it Jim...so much info on that site, it would be a shame to lose it. I've been looking around through my stuff...I printed out almost every page from the site when I 1st purchased my car 3 years ago. I should be able to scan them in and make PDF files out of them at least.

Those might help as well! I was all ready to copy that entire site just before it went away. :frown:

Anybody know what happened to "20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am" www.89tta.com ? It has been down for a while now. I think it was John Pearcy's site but not sure...it had all the specs and complete details on the TTA...lots of good information. If it was John's and he is giving it up somebody should take it over if possible...would be a shame to lose the site and info :(

That was Russ Selerno's site. He kept it for several years after he sold his TTA. He probably just let it go and moved on.

Correct

That was Russ Selerno's site. He kept it for several years after he sold his TTA. He probably just let it go and moved on.

I spoke to Russ as late as four years ago. He hasn't answered my e-mail after a couple years ;) ...Last I knew, he was getting his last academic accreditations to practice patent law. His e-mail is on my computer in storage (I just moved).

During one of our converstaions, I suggested that if he ever let go of the site that he should call me. The site has been down from time to time for short periods during the past five or six years I've been around, it could resurrect on its own in a few just like before. :cool:

:)

Scott89TTA said:
Keep on it Jim...so much info on that site, it would be a shame to lose it. I've been looking around through my stuff...I printed out almost every page from the site when I 1st purchased my car 3 years ago. I should be able to scan them in and make PDF files out of them at least.

:)

I was planing in creating a website to post some information for my TTA and my GN. if you can scan the files that you have, I can add them to the website.

i think i have almost everything except all the "owners car pics" or whatever he called them. so no need to scan everything in.

i think the only real thing i'm missing that i wish i could get is a pic of the tta heads.... he had a page with pics of the different parts the tta got compared to the buicks.... i don't have the pic of the heads.

anyway - can anyone talk to him? i could host the files as well. but he did have a disclaimer on the pages about re-hosting them without permission. but there was a lot of useful info there that should be shared for owners.

i'll have to go through my rip of his pages to make sure i'm not missing anything else...

i did check last night - i have everything except what i mentioned above (if anyone has the pic of the tta head i'd like to get a copy of that).

if anyone needs any info that was on the site for tech help or anything let me know. i really don't want to publish / rehost the site without his permission... but i do have all the info if anyone needs anything.

Well..I got an email from the owner of 89TTA.com regarding the website and here is his reply
Thanks for contact me regarding 89tta.com. I am planning to someday reactivate the site, however if you have a specific proposal in mind I'm willing to listen.

Best regards,
Russell Salerno

Well..I got an email from the owner of 89TTA.com regarding the website and here is his reply
Thanks for contact me regarding 89tta.com. I am planning to someday reactivate the site, however if you have a specific proposal in mind I'm willing to listen.

Best regards,
Russell Salerno

Well that answers it pretty much. Dollar wise the site and the domain name is worth just about 0. So for you guys who have a copy of the site and want to see it back. I have tons of professional server space and a web master who will handle it. I can also host it for FREE. I was hoping he would give me the site and I would do a mention of him on there for the info but we might as well make our own at this point if you really want to see it back. The information on there was good but there is more info on these cars and a much better site can be made IMO. We can always make up another domain name and buy that up. I'm all ears! :biggrin:

I'm also partners with Chris on Turbo Trans AM.Com so we could always build the site within turbotransam.com and make something nice out of all that information. I'm all for it! :cool:

there's nothing to stop us from re-writing the same info...

i've got a copy of the entire site (except the picture of tta heads). you or jared let me know if i can be of any help.

Well that answers it pretty much. Dollar wise the site and the domain name is worth just about 0. So for you guys who have a copy of the site and want to see it back. I have tons of professional server space and a web master who will handle it. I can also host it for FREE. I was hoping he would give me the site and I would do a mention of him on there for the info but we might as well make our own at this point if you really want to see it back. The information on there was good but there is more info on these cars and a much better site can be made IMO. We can always make up another domain name and buy that up. I'm all ears! :biggrin:

I'm also partners with Chris on Turbo Trans AM.Com so we could always build the site within turbotransam.com and make something nice out of all that information. I'm all for it! :cool:

Im up for "remaking" the site, and adding the info on turbotransam.com. Just as Jim said "we could always build the site within turbotransam.com and make something nice out of all that information"

Does Russ want money for all the info? How much maybe I will just buy it so that we dont have any copyright and what-not problems later on...

I think that we should build a site and add the info on turbotransam.com with the information that some of you already have. I don't know if he only wants the money for all the information. I emailed him regarding the site and that is the reply that I got from him. I am going to email him again asking how much does he wants for the site or the info. If I get any email i'll post it here.