A.R 60 Turbo
60lbs Injectors
Meth
Front Mount
Turbo Tweak Chip *Not Sure what chip ill have to look*
HotWire Fuel Pump* Ready to be Installed
Just Wanna Make More Power HaHa
Please Let Me Know What Else I Need

lots of info is already post on the forums. The search key is your best friend. To start you will need a tank of E85 as well as a E85 chip. 60's wont get you very far but if you do spray meth on top of it you could push them. Anyways do a search

Just Wondering, What Else I Would Need For E85
Setup
A.R 60 Turbo.... this is the Compressor housing size, not the turbo size
60lbs Injectors... Great for pump gas and alky, too small for power on E85
Meth... Nice, but I wouldn't try to tune with both if you're a newbie.
Front Mount....makes changing the belt easy
Turbo Tweak Chip *Not Sure what chip ill have to look* If you remove the chip it will reset any changed parameters
HotWire Fuel Pump* Ready to be Installed...the wiring, pump, or both? Turbo Tweak has a new single pump that is better for E85
Just Wanna Make More Power HaHa ......Turn the boost up!
Please Let Me Know What Else I Need
A Scanmaster and a wideband 02 setup like the AEM or PLX.

To make any real power on E85 you need a better than average fuel pump, injectors, and the ability to monitor the engines inputs and output. As stated, others have asked the same questions so dig back a little and see what you find.

e85 is not necessarily going to make more power than pump gas + methanol.

I either use e85 OR alky injection,

how is the car performing now?

I would learn to tune what you have (in small steps to be safe) before I would make any big changes.

You need some sort of scantool to set up the TT chip and keep track of the tune. (got a boost gauge?)

How about some pics...... :)

Bob

What is the A/F ratio of E-85.......... 10.5?

using a wideband that is set up for gasoline (which is how I run mine) the the higher the boost, the richer you want to be.

15 psi 12.0:1
20 psi 11.0 - 11.5
25 psi 10.5 - 11.0

etc.

(just a guideline, not gospel)

Bob

TurboBob said:
using a wideband that is set up for gasoline (which is how I run mine) the the higher the boost, the richer you want to be.

15 psi 12.0:1
20 psi 11.0 - 11.5
25 psi 10.5 - 11.0

etc.

(just a guideline, not gospel)

Bob

This is at WOT correct? What does your A/F usually run at idle? Do you pay attention to you WB at idle or scanmaster?

Bob, also did you see my PM on Fullthrottle about the scanmaster and the GENII reading different... i.e, O2 volts are reading 100-150v different on both devices....

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

This is at WOT correct? What does your A/F usually run at idle? Do you pay attention to you WB at idle or scanmaster?

Bob, also did you see my PM on Fullthrottle about the scanmaster and the GENII reading different... i.e, O2 volts are reading 100-150v different on both devices....

yes, at WOT. all other times, its just like gas (idle and driving around at 14.7)

I remember a message/pm/thread. Sorry if I did not answer.

What you are seeing is normal. Here is why:

In the "early days" the most popular tuning guru was using an OTC2000 which scaled the O2 mv artificially low. The O2 readings as shown on the OTC became "gospel", and when we developed the Scanmaster (1993) we decided that we needed to read the same as the "standard".

Bob

Cool... Thanks... What is your suggestion on monitor.... GEN II or Scanmaster

scanmaster

once you get a wideband, you can watch that on the Gen-2

Just got my WB. Will need to get with you sometime to tap into the plug n play harness for the GEN II

e85 is not necessarily going to make more power than pump gas + methanol.

I either use e85 OR alky injection,

how is the car performing now?

I would learn to tune what you have (in small steps to be safe) before I would make any big changes.

You need some sort of scantool to set up the TT chip and keep track of the tune. (got a boost gauge?)

How about some pics...... :)

Bob

Bob-
Sorry i haven't Been Near A Computer To Respond Quickly.
Car Is Running Great Now, After Changing The Plugs and Finding Out That The Plugs Were Gone.
I Have A ScanMaster, Boost Gauge and Knock Gauge.
I Was Talking To A local Tuner About It And He Had Said To Just Stick With What I Have.
E-85 Was Just An Idea In My Head And Wanted To See If There Was Any Pro's To It.
Thanks
Ren.
P.S.
Here Are Your Pictures :D
2012-03-26_00-11-44_209.jpg

2012-03-26_00-16-15_799.jpg

2012-02-04_08-34-43_475.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

Take the car and switch it to E85 , same timing, same air fuel and same boost. You will find the car spools faster, is more responsive and engine temps will be lower by at least 10-15*. So will it out perform a pump and alky setup...I believe so.

jasjamz said:
Take the car and switch it to E85 , same timing, same air fuel and same boost. You will find the car spools faster, is more responsive and engine temps will be lower by at least 10-15*. So will it out perform a pump and alky setup...I believe so.

Jasjamz. How are things? How is the ild car running? Didn't I see that you had an issue? Well anyways, are you running a translator? GEN II?

Car is running just fine! Cranked in two more psi. Drive it all around no issues. Highway, traffic, and some grudge testing! Wait... I had a lifter/rocker arm issue on another car at our dyno day at Sound Performance. It was minor and had since been resolved. Wating on a Stage 2 Extreme Automatics unit since the new combo had the current trans in danger at 22psi out of a 6262.

That is great to hear. I plan on getting my install complete this weekend. I will let you know

Sent from my iPad using Turbo Buick

I use Turbo Tweaks chips. SD in mine so I can go back to race fuel or 93 if needed. The dyno number and the trip to and from the dyno were as the chip was sent right out of the box. The 6262 car has a Gen II but I didn't put it there. What do you use?

Well I have Bob Bailey's Extreme G chip and his GEN II. Have some tuning to work on. Can't do much without a stronger trans.....