What does it cost?

C

Cakes

What does a good used running short block cost with around 50k miles? I am looking to replace my engine since I have a mechanical knocking going on. I know most will say to have my engine rebuilt and all but for me money is a huge priority. I dont race my car all that often (once or twice a year). All I want is a stock bottom end with maybe ported heads and everything else in my signature. I may also add alcohol in the future. Thanks

why don't you just get an ATK shortblock...fairly inexpensive...all "turbo" parts and a warranty to back it up.

ATK Shortblock? Never heard of it. Where can I find out more about it? How much do they run? Is it the same as our shortblocks? Any differences?

Thanks,
Nick

I think their website is ATK.com or ATKengines.com . I just put one of their engines in my car last week. I dont think it has all the "turbo parts " that they assured me it would when I ordered . The pistons look " grainy " and are 0.040. I didnt pull any bearing caps to check if it had the correct crank. I will wait till it blows up ( if it ever does) to check. It did come with a timing cover. They do offer a warranty but as most do it excludes any detonation related failures.