What do you think about new Monte Carlo SS?

2badgn

I know that this is a little off the topic but I dont know where else to post.
I am a GN owner and i love my GN. There might be help for GM.
On Saturday I spotted a 2006 or 2007 white Monte Carlo SS with tinted windows. The car looked so clean and the exhuast sounded nice!:)

My GN is my nice day / summer driver. my daily driver is a 2002 gti.

If i were in the market for a new car, I would seriously consider the SS. It reminded me of the early 80s. I wish they made it in manual.

I sat in a new Monte Carlo a few years ago and there was alot of room in it-- at least compared to my vw.

Why dosn't Buick come back with the GN with a body style similar to the MC? It amazes me that the MC is front wheel drive.

What do you think about the Monte Carlo SS?

Sorry about being in the wrong thread but this is important for the fuuture or end of Buick and GM.

Frank

For the price and styling i love the look, there is one owned in my neighborhood has one of the best exhaust notes i've heard on a car bar none lately its low and menacing not in you're face like all these stinkin truck owners in the state of Florida are confused and think they are driving race cars oh well different story, not sure on performance but styling and price i think its a winner.:D

I bought a 2000 Monte when they first came out. Decent car, and I liked the new look. However after driving it for 3 years I traded it for my 99 Regal GS. What a difference in build quality. Made that Monte seem like a complete piece of crap.

the new monte ss is the s---t i rented one at my job and it flys with that 5.3 v8 and it gets great fuel economy handles good stops good i would by one in a second only things i didnt like were the cheap looking door panels,fake leather seats,and the stereo u can barly hear it if u have the windows down and the stereo all the way up and the 2006-2007 pontiac gxp with the 5.3 is perfect and it has tap shift u can shift it at any rpm from the steering wheel

I didn't know they were putting the 5.3 in them now. Oughta move out pretty good. But is the car put together any better now? I had to have steering components replaced inmin twice in 3 years, 60k miles. The ride was compararively poor and noisy compared to my GS.

I think the new V8 ones are pretty sharp. If they were available in a stick I'd consider it, but since they don't it's out of the question. It's unfortunate that American car companies don't give people the option on most cars. I realize that it's the fault of the 95% of the people out there can't be burdened by the chore of actually shifting gears, but some of us actually enjoy it.

FWD!
I would never buy it as it is.

Maybe one with a blown engine to have it converted RWD but that’s the only way.
BTW i love the '81-'88 Montes
Anyway
Good luck with it if you get it.
Dave

the monte ss and grand prix gxp both have 5.3 303hp engines i just took a gxp for a test drive at work it seems faster than the monte ss but they have the same engines and hp level they both are like driving a car in a video game its alot of fun u can get in and out of traffic quickly :biggrin: