what do you guys think

U

used2hav1

ok,i'm thinking about getting a direct scan.the thing is that i don't have a tr but my cousin& father both have gn's.i figured i can learn as well as they can on how to tune their cars properly.so by the time i get my own tr,i'd know at least 1/2 of what it takes to tune a tr properly.i already have a compatible laptop(got it for free)...go for it? or not........TIA-Al:confused:

Go for it! Just hope you really enjoy spending time w/ your father and your cousin, once they find out you have DS and what it can do for them, They'll want you over there all the time!

Remember you have to modify the ECM in order to make it work. You have to plug the cable into the modified ECM in each car and hook it up to the interface box and then the computer.

I would check to make sure they want you modifying their ECM's for it first.

Then again you can always get your own ECM to modify and use. :)

Good luck.

thanx

thanx for the replies and the information,guys!!now,on where to get one. i live in NJ.any local distributers?or do i order by mail?

Not too sure if anybody sells them in NJ, but you could use

Bmcomputersource.com

Their $249 plus free shipping.

Turbolink would work better for you since you will be using it on various cars. Just plug into ALDL and power source and you are set.

One Thing to keep in mind, there is no longer any Support or Upgrades OF ANY KIND to Direct Scan since the Inventor (Kent Chu) got out of the general TR bussiness back in '97. Because of this MOST folks get Turbolink. Also DS is pretty much limited to One car only!

t-link it is

ok,since its not gonna be permanent on a particular car,i guess it would be more sensible to go with a turbolink.then maybe get a directscan when i have my own tr.once again, i thank you all for the replies and advice.:D ---Al