What do I have and how do I use it??????

GNJimC

Not in a TR but just brought home a 93 C4 40th Anniversary Convertible.
This was at a dealer and it did not have the factory Bose system (not a big deal since I heard that those sucked) But it has a custom set up.

Now I am an idiot when it comes to audio, either home or auto. I dont have actual pictures in the car (will get some) but I found the same thing (I think) online and will post them:

The CD/Receiver is I belive a P3900MP, and it has two of these JL Audio amps along with 3 of the pictured (they look like this) subs in a custom box. I think they are 12"(???) The problem is, when the car is just sitting, the CD/Radio work just fine, but when you drive, it will cut out and display a MUTE across the display. This thing has a remote as well. Does this with the subs on or off.

I will try to download the manual (dealer did not have it) for the Pioneer but is there just somthing simple I chould check first?

Also, I am thinking about taking this out and replacing with original Bose since it takes up the only space in the car. Not that big into loud stereos anyways (Im old I guess)

Is this stuff worth anything? It looks new. Custom box for a C4 Vert and all.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Attachments

• dehp3900mp.jpg
    dehp3900mp.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 216
  • c763_2.jpg
    c763_2.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 215
  • f8df_1.jpg
    f8df_1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 223
Here is what it is. Actually 2 sub woofers not 3 (not sure why I thought there was 3) Anyways the head unit is a Pioneer DEH 6800MP (looks like the one in the picture in previous post).

I am sure it is somthing simple and maybe someone has one of these units and can help.

Also I dont know how old all of this stuff is and it takes up quite a bit of space in the C4. Is it worth anything???

Thanks

Attachments

• car 022.jpg
    car 022.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 198
Keep the system if sound is important to you. It is way better than the factory bose system. Good product that was used. If you need any detail on each item, let me know. I know everything about each item used in that install......

I cant think of anything off the top of my head that would cause the CD to go into Mute while you are driving. It sounds almost like it is a car issue rather than a stereo issue. I would start with unplugging all the amps and subs, and and see if it still Mutes.

Some CD players have a Mute wire. Check it to see if it is hooked up to anything. It should not be unless there is some kine of Cell phone device in there.

First off, you've got a really nice set up there. Whoever put it together bought good stuff.

I agree with souljasmooth. First thing to check is that cell phone mute wire. Does it work while sitting still with your foot on the brake in Drive? Or does it mute as soon as you shift to Drive? Once it goes mute, does it stay that way until you're no longer driving, or does it go back and forth while driving?

---Ron Jr.

First off, you've got a really nice set up there. Whoever put it together bought good stuff.

I agree with souljasmooth. First thing to check is that cell phone mute wire. Does it work while sitting still with your foot on the brake in Drive? Or does it mute as soon as you shift to Drive? Once it goes mute, does it stay that way until you're no longer driving, or does it go back and forth while driving?

---Ron Jr.

It goes back and forth while driving. Most of the time when sitting it will work fine, but will sporadicly cut into and out of mute. I have an idea of what to look for.

I will update what I find. Thanks for the help. Any other ideas are appreciated.

Thanks for the help. It was the mute wire. It came off and bare wire was exposed.

All fixed now.