What cold air systems are the best?

What's the stupidest thing you've ever heard?

• What color is your GN?

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • I thought Monte Carlos had 305s!

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Can you hit the 14's with that?

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • My Civic'll teach you a lesson!

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

WakkoSS

My Christmas Present to myself has a TE-44 but stock airbox and air filter. Peculiar, eh? I was gonna go ahead and order the 0810 KN 9" for it but thought it'd be better to just go cold air. I see Conley's still makes a kit, along with BuickGN.com. Who else is making them? I'm tight on funds and plan on going black, not chrome under the hood.

i personally feel that the Pete Tomka kit is the best one out there.it comes with all sorts of brackets and the tubing is smooth on the inside where it counts. plus that stuff is tough as nails.

maybe the differences in performance are minute, but little details are what makes a fast car

BTW...whats up with the poll? it doesnt make any sense. and dont degrade yourself by picking on the hondas, let them battle with eachother.

surej

When I made the post it said something about a survey, I wasn't quite sure what it was, so I clicked it. It brought up the survey menu, so I figured I'd have a chuckle or two based on my experiences over the last week...including multiple people questioning the color of my new car and a choice turbo civic fading in my rear view ;).

Where are the Tomka kits available? I tried a Google search but was unable to come up with a site or definitive photos/prices of the setup.

I have been using the air filter in the engine compartment for the longest time. I just Mark Hueffman's cold air kit from buickgn.com and loving every minute of it. If you really start modding people will definetly know it is a turbo car. As if they don't already:rolleyes:

ATR

There's probably no "bad" cold-air kit...all likely help over the factory box.

Many like the ATR for several reasons...14" filter...black inconel plastic filter housing...ducts in front of radiator support...more stealthy than most others.

Pics are in ATR catalog...available for download at their website.

Again, no "bad" ones that I've heard of.

:)

I remember about 6 months ago somebody had posted that they had use a ricer air intake. I can't remember which one they used but they got it at the local auto shop and for the most part it, damn near dropped right in. I do remember it was for a honda and I want to say civic, but it cost about 50 or 60 bucks and the finished product looked pretty good.

I like the one Mark Hueffman makes. Of course, I may be a little biased.:D Shameless self-plug.:)

Since I have been told I have a Big Mouth, Mark Hueffman's CAI
was a great choice for me.

I have the ATR Cold Air Kit. It was on the car when I bought it. If I had to do over I would get the big mouth kit....Hey wait..I think I am about to do over..... I will get the kit, I will!

The thing with my ATR kit is I keep blowing the plastic cover for the filter off, so now I took it off completely!

Does ATR even HAVE a website? Couldn't find one listed on the GNTTYPE vendors board or through Google.

The Big Mouth kit seems to be made better than the Tin Man kits, based on photos on the respective websites. I was thinking about using a mailbox and some bondo to put a hood scoop on my GN...cheaper that way and really custom. ;) Yes, I'm kidding..but I did see a kid with a Caprice with two garbage can hood scoops. Wish I had a camera for THAT one.

From gnttype.org Vendor Index

Applied Technologies and Research, Inc. (ATR)
17040 South Highway 11, Fair Play, SC 29643
1 (864) 972 3800

http://www.atrperformance.com

Turbo Regal, Turbo Trans Am, Syclone, Typhoon, Impala SS products, stainless steel exhaust systems, and other performance products
=============================================

HTH
:) :) :)

made my own with 3in mandrel bent stainless (atr) and kb turbo hoses ,9in k&n filter sits behind air dam in custom canister bolted to the frame looks great . total cost 75.00 i already had canister and filter. looks real nice. i can email you pics if you like im still trying to figure out how to post pics.

Go with the BIG MOUTH kit.I did spoolup is amazing now and beats the crap out of the KB ram air I had.Thanks for a great product Mark!