What caused my false knock

vacuum 6

Wanted to share. For over a year the engine knocked only at cruising speeds. Talked to a lot of people about it, something must be hitting, blah blah blah the normal stuff to check. Finally figured it out, cam sensor moved ~50d. Reset cam sensor and all issues solved.

Walter

Did you have any other symptoms? I get knock at around 5psi at part throttle. Won't go full throttle because I'm out of alky right now. I know my DP hits a bit, but it always has and never caused this. I'm now starting to wonder if the cam semsor has shifted at all after reading this.

Off idle stumble then one day at track BIG backfire. Cam sensor finally moved out enough to cause the no start condition.

Hmmm, very interesting. Have been tracing similar issues with my junk. Also noticed a few hard starts...(n) last post real caught my attention off idle stubble. I equated mine to lack of updated maf and translator. Going to varify my cam timing and reset if necessary. Now to research prodecures. Thanks guys

Hmmm, very interesting. Have been tracing similar issues with my junk. Also noticed a few hard starts...(n) last post real caught my attention off idle stubble. I equated mine to lack of updated maf and translator. Going to varify my cam timing and reset if necessary. Now to research prodecures. Thanks guys

Yes sounds like cam sensor needs to be reset. Easy to check.

I chased one for a week over this. It would start to sputter when you gave it a little gas. Started right up.. and ran like crap when you put any load to it.
Previous shop never tightened it down and it moved just enough to create havoc.