West Coast Nationals In Phoenix

Buzzard

West Coast Nationals Purposed Racing Classes November 24,25,26 2006

Stage Block Turbo Heads Up
Any Stage 1 or Stage 2 powered car may compete

Stock Block Turbo Heads Up
Any Stock 109 block powered car may compete

11.50 Index Turbo Class Heads Up Race
This class is for Turbo cars without necessary saftey equipment to run faster than 11.50, faster cars are welcome but may not run faster than 11.50. This will be a heads up class without dial ins. The object is to run as close to the index as you can without breaking out. In the event that both cars breakout the car that breaks out the least will advance to the next round. Getting your car dialed in and cutting a perfect light will be the goal for this class. This should be a fun one.

Bracket Classes open to any Buick powered car

B1 10.99 and Faster
B2 11.00 to 11.99
B3 12.00 to 12.99
B4 13.00 and slower

These are not final as we are open to any and all suggestions.

Jan Moeller
WCN Race Director

The only way that stage Is are going to have a chance against stage IIs in a heads up class would be if all the stage IIs blow up. I really think that's not too likely to happen. Would time allow running a heads up stage I class separate from a heads up stage II class?

I don't think that there is enough stage 1 cars to make up a class. History shows that the fastest Stage 2 at Vegas so far has been 9.80 or so. I know Paul H has run 9.40 with his new combo and he will be the guy to beat. Remember that no backhalf or full tub cars can compete in this class. :cool:

Buzzard said:
West Coast Nationals Purposed Racing Classes November 24,25,26 2006..............

B1 10.99 and Faster
B2 11.00 to 11.99
B3 12.00 to 12.99
B4 13.00 and slower

These are not final as we are open to any and all suggestions.

A couple of comments.

With that many bracket classes, the payouts would be diluted and small. :confused:

How about the fastest bracket be 11.49 and faster?

Also, are the non-turbo Buicks going to have a separate class?

I totally agree with Nick. There's no sense of accomplishment when you win a bracket with 3 cars. I love the idea of a 11.49 index bracket. I would do the 11.49 bracket, two regular brackets, stock block heads up, and stage heads up and call it good.
On another note, Is there going to be a pre-registration process, or just handle it race weekend??

DonWG said:
Are there any other restrictions I should be aware of?

Don we don't try to restrict the class too much, just don't want tube chassis cars running in the heads up class. I would like the cars that compete to be somewhat street legal. We will not be checking for tags and insurance though. Your car is welcome to compete in the class.

Jan

Nick Micale said:
A couple of comments.

With that many bracket classes, the payouts would be diluted and small. :confused:

How about the fastest bracket be 11.49 and faster?

Also, are the non-turbo Buicks going to have a separate class?

We don't know if the payouts will be diluted because we have no idea how many cars will be attending.

We can consider that.

All bracket classes are open to NA and Turbo Cars, no wimps allowed. Turbo cars will run NA cars.

Buzzard said:
Don we don't try to restrict the class too much, just don't want tube chassis cars running in the heads up class. I would like the cars that compete to be somewhat street legal. We will not be checking for tags and insurance though. Your car is welcome to compete in the class.

Jan
Cool. :smile:

now how is it going to work with the TSM entering the picture? it will take the place of the heads up stock block?

How is the schedual going to go?

this is what i would suggest, Friday day and night test and tune, friday night qualifying for the heads up classes. Saturday morning heads up elimination and test and tune for the bracket classes. (we could have one last chance qualifier for the people that needed it for the heads up classes) Saturday evening eliminations for the brackets.

Sunday test and tune. at noon have a gamblers race for anyone who wants to run.

this would work best for the guys that come a long ways because most of us will be leaving sunday morning to travel back home. This would also allow us to have the most fun in the amount of time we have. I think we would get more participation in the heads up classes and the brackets if we schedualed them so we could run both.

also we need a local guy to scout out a host hotel. We need a place that is not too expensive, secure for our cars, and somewhat close to the track. this would help with the comradarie and visiting with fellow buick enthusiasts.

I would also recomend two bracket classes with 11.99 being the split.

now how is it going to work with the TSM entering the picture? it will take the place of the heads up stock block?

We can replace the heads up stock block class with TSM but all cars competing in the class must pass peer tech for TSM. (No toyota trucks or twin turbo cars, etc.)

How is the schedual going to go?

this is what i would suggest, Friday day and night test and tune, friday night qualifying for the heads up classes. Saturday morning heads up elimination and test and tune for the bracket classes. (we could have one last chance qualifier for the people that needed it for the heads up classes) Saturday evening eliminations for the brackets.

How about one last qualifier for TSM on Saturday for the guys that can't make Friday.

Sunday test and tune. at noon have a gamblers race for anyone who wants to run.

Sounds good to me

also we need a local guy to scout out a host hotel. We need a place that is not too expensive, secure for our cars, and somewhat close to the track. this would help with the comradarie and visiting with fellow buick enthusiasts.

Maybe Jack or Nick could help out here.

I would also recomend two bracket classes with 11.99 being the split

If all we need is 2 bracket classes and 9 sec cars want to race brackets with 11.99 cars that works for me. I personally would like a little more separation in the brackets. Maybe 3 classes.

Anyone else have some input. :D

3 classes would be fine with me, i just wanted to make sure there is enough cars in each class.

yes i mentioned the last chance qualifier for cars that did not get to qualify, i meant do this on saturday morning first thing. sorry for the confusion. good idea.