Weldon 1100-A TT SBC

KWIKR 1

I have a weldon 1100-A sitting on the shelf .anyone running a Weldon 1100-A in a turbo V8 ? They (Weldon) say it will support 1100 hp in a fuel Inj application . Trying to figure out if this will support 800 rwhp on my TT SBC street/strip project . I'm think of running two and having one boost activated . Rather than running a big ass nosier single pump and controller . I have someone also saying I could get away with the single 1100-a and a Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump .

below is what a board member came up with in reference to the flow graph on the 1100-A and using a BAP . says he figures I should have a 20% safety margin . is a 20% theoretical safety margin pushing it ? I spoke to Jim from Weldon . He said it should support it to 65psi total pressure . His words were "Yes it will at no more than 65 total psi, but anything above that fuel pressure, probably will be too close. "

" the pump flows about 120 gal/hr at 75 psi.@14 volts. That is 120
gal x 6.5 lbs gal=780 lbs/hr 780/ .70 bscf approx=1114 gross hp
x.80=891 rwhp approx. The boost a pump will give you about 20% safety
margin ."

http://www.weldonracing.com/product/64-22/1100-A_Flow_Through_Fuel_Pump.html

Attachments

• 1100-A Flow Chart.pdf
    37 KB · Views: 189
I just drew this up . Guys ...will this fly in regards to line sizing and check valve placement ? Thanks . :)

Attachments

• IMG_0001_46.jpg
    IMG_0001_46.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 228
Yes that will work.

You can try it with one pump for starters if your going to log fuel pressure. My 2345 came up way short of the power it was rated for. I caught it by logging fuel pressure.

I tune a local car with twin bosch pumps. It makes a little over 700hp. Drives on one and turns the second on with a switch when he's at the track. I personally don't have the faith in any system other than my finger to turn on a 2nd fuel pump to save my engine.

Yes that will work.

You can try it with one pump for starters if your going to log fuel pressure. My 2345 came up way short of the power it was rated for. I caught it by logging fuel pressure.

I tune a local car with twin bosch pumps. It makes a little over 700hp. Drives on one and turns the second on with a switch when he's at the track. I personally don't have the faith in any system other than my finger to turn on a 2nd fuel pump to save my engine.

Thanks Dusty for replying . good idea about putting it on a switch . I was able to pick up another new 1100-A at a great deal . so.. it looks like I'll be going that route . better to have too much than not enough I guess . with the deal on got on the pump and the extra fittings need it will work out to about a $100-$120 difference than going with the BAP . small price to pay for a peace of mind IMO . :D :)