Weber racing experiences

magnum248

Hi guys and girls,
I am looking at purchasing a stroker short block from Weber and am looking for any input from members who have worked with this vendor,either positive or negative!
I had my engine rebuilt locally and the shop f----- it up and it was totally destroyed.I do not want another such episode so I hope to hear a bunch of positive responses.
Thanks for responding

I had them build a girdled stroker shortblock with one of the NOS SG1 blocks that they had recently acquired. I also sent them a set of ported/polished heads that they went through and mounted on top of the shortblock. A few good friends and myself got it installed and running last month. The new engine has considerably more torque at low boost. So far everything is great, just logging some miles and getting ready for this fall. My experience has been great.

Here are a few links to a video of my engine being machined and some pics of the completed engine.
Engine Block Girdle Machining
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/vendors-customer-service/315852-weber-performance-products.html

Bryan and Bill were great to answer all of my concerns. Just remember that they are going to properly do the machine work and it may take a while.

Recently bought a rotating assembly from Weber. Although they are fixed on their prices, they make up for it in customer service and experience. Just fired my motor and all is well so far. Would not hestitate to use them again. heard nothing but positive about their engine building service as well.

Mitch

Weber Racing

Seems like they have very good products and know their stuff. It was a pleasure to talk to them, customer service was great. The'll get you where you need to go. Good luck with your new build!

Weber

They are currently building my bullet as I type. :cool: I should get it back mid-June. I too was on the fence on who should build my motor. I did a search using the name "Weber" and all I could find were good things about their products and service. Their price and customer service fit my bill. ;)

Good luck on whom ever you choose!!

All my dealings with Weber Racing have been very positive. I had a big block Chevy machined by them in the early 80s and it ran fine while I had it and is still running fine in a coworker's Chevelle today. I had them do machine work and some assembly with my Buick v6 on different occasions. Always with good results.