Weber and Janis raise the beast!

I will continue welding all the holes up and prep it for paint.

I did almost the same thing on my GN...First I had the bumper apart, trimmed all the unnecessary parts off the reinforcement keeping just enough to bolt it to the car and had everything sandblasted. Second, I took a few of the original bolts (8 of them, 4 per side) and ground the head into a square shape so could be welded into the square holes to fasten the new brackets (made earlier from the reinforcement) inside the bumper and had all the remaining unused holes welded up and ground smooth. Last, I had a friend of mine do the paint...Here are a few pics...

Claude. :wink:

H&R Mounts

My opinion, but some solid motor mounts would allow you to feel the trans shift much better. I saw the motor roll over pretty good when you gave it some gas. But MAN do I know the good / nervous feeling of firing up the motor for the first time.

I hope everything continuous to work out for ya. Your passion for this shows and it would be a great success story to know the car gave back.

Thanks for the kind words.

I have the H&R Poly mounts installed. However the main bolts are still loose. I will be locking them down this weekend.

Looks good, I had the ebay headers and hated fixing leaks. Looks like yours is the same with the lower center on the pass side right behind the tube. I had to drop the starter to get a wrench on that one. I never could get a good seal on the crossover on that side. I put on heavy duty clamps and had to grind one to get it on, kept hitting the header tube next to it. Felpro makes some gaskets if you get a leak there.

It might not be ‘FACTORY’ but it sure is pretty!

You asked for it.........you got it!!!!!!!!lexus paint

Big thanks to Bill for the paint work. Flawless as usual! Also thanks to GNocide for the paint itself and of course the laughs. Always have laughter when he is around.

I will post some picks after I got it all bolted up.

Did you find all of the hardware? I know a guy who has an assortment of gn bolts(even factory) he may be able to assist you in your assembly of bpdy panels...(ps........no such thing as flawless....just askgnocide)

Still Need some parts....

Well I'm due for inspection on Wend.. I still need 1 headlight adjuster with plastic nut and spring. Also need two grill springs.

Can you help me out?

State Inspection Today!

Well the car is just about together. Today I will run it through its first real heat cycle. I expect everything to go well.

I am going to try to slide it through inspection today. The inspection station already told me they would not pass the car with drag radials on it, (whatever.) Instead of arguing with them, I am going to throw on so S-10 wheels that I borrowed from a friend. The only other thing they may nab me for is the 5 point harness that is installed incorrectly, since I do not have the original seat belts in the car, (this is how I bought it.) I have a complete GM belt set just need to get some bolts to install them. If they fail the harness, I will put the factory belts in this week. Does not matter to me since I am going to put the factory belts in either way. I do not plan on crushing my spine due to a poorly installed safety system.

Well wish me luck all!

NOTE: I may have a problem with the master cylinder; it appears the rear seal may be leaking. However, the brakes feel great.

Well..............................

Well??????????????????????????????????????were waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( like the judge in caddyshack)

State Inspection between 4:30 and 5:00 pm.

Okay I got home at 3:00pm. I need to change 3 lights, run a new hose for the overflow tank and put power to my new trans cooler. I also had to install some interior trim. If I got all of that done before 4:00pm I would install my air dams on the front and give the car a wash, (since it has 3 inches of dust on it.)

3:00 pm pull the car out and leave it running start to install hose. Oil pressure good 35-40 lbs coolant at 101. Car ran a couple minutes and no fan. HUH, odd. Check temp 165…175….180…185 NO FAN! Quickly turn off car. I find a wire pulled out of the aftermarket high/low fan kit. Repair wire, start car temp at 180….185 no fan. Turn car off. Check power at relays, no power. Hot wire unhooked from battery, (really, really?) Connect to battery, guess what fan kicks on!

3:40 pm solder in trans cooler, no problems.

3:50 pm Start to remove tools and excess trash from the build. Still good on time, hell I may be able to wash the car!

4:05 pm Garbage removed, installing lights.

4:15 pm Need to put air in air-bags, or car WILL bottom out on tires. Grab air chuck, try the first bag…PSSSSSSSSSTTTTTT ……DANG line came off bag! ARGH! Okay well that was passenger side as long as I get air in drive side I’ll be okay till I get home. Try drive side…..no air will go into bag; gauge goes quickly to 60lbs. ARGH!

4:30 pm Jack rear of car up with stands under rear end. Then jack driver’s side up on frame till the shock tops out. Reach in and can feel line crimped shut, repair line fill up bag. Do the same to passenger side, but have to remove spring. Repair line and add air.

4:55 pm Just need to install gauge holder, two screws. I put gauges back into holder and reconnect wires. Grab screwdriver, first screw goes right in. Then I struggled with second for at least ten minutes.

5:15 pm Run inside wash up kiss the wife and kids take off to inspection shop. Half a mile from home as dust is billowing from the hood and fenders…..NO OIL PRESSURE…PANICS…..PANIC….WTF???!!! Okay calm down. What went wrong? Think…..Think….Grab screw driver remove gauges check wiring……OH THANK GOD!...put wires on wrong. Swap wires start car 20 PSI.

5:30 pm Stroll into inspection station start talking to owner, his statement: ‘Well looks like I won’t be able to get to it today.’ :mad:
Thinking to myself ‘LIKE HELL!’ ‘‘What if I lift it up and remove all the tires and take the drums off?”:D
“Have you ever worked a lift?”
:rolleyes:“Chuckle, of course.”
“Be my guest.”

6:30 pm Cruise home with a job offer and GreenDay thumping in the trunk.

IT PASSED!!!

No wander you did not answer your phone!!!!!looks like a garage night tomorrow, how about "walk the line" through the speakers???wished my speakers thumped.......not!!!!!!! I tell my kids "they are goin to need a hearing aid when they get my age!!!!!good to hear it passed!!!!!!i knew it would...