We need a Forum topic devoted to Anti-Theft

turbotroy said:
Mines about as crusty as it can get and still gets too much attention and even with no emblems no one is mistaking it for a mc/ss, darnit.
Trixdout, lojack is only good if the local pd has the receiver to hear it and not all of them do. I bought my gn new and a lowlife stole it in 2002, so I'm definitely interested and kinda raw about the topic still. Cheers!

No lie. Mine almost always gets a "you wanna sell it", and it is tired. I always try to back up to something immovable like a wall or light post and cut the wheels all the way. I have the steadfast and some "other" tricks. I leave nothing in the interior everything goes with . Just a popular car, that is a BIG target.

So true, I wasn't in possession for more then a few hours before I had someone pull over (they almost got rear-ended), back up, and hit the off-ramp on a limited access highway and approach me wanting to purchase the car. Oh, car was on a trailer at that....

Nuts I say, just nuts.

Can't even go into what it has been since then. It is nearly not worth driving the dog-gone rocket ship.... Yea, right :D

RemoveBeforeFlight

I know it isn't possible but I like to dream that there would be a complete database, all cars registered. Almost like a cult where someone wouldn't even want to steal a car cause they couldn't sell it or chop it for parts. I know, just a fantasy.

I have two very good ideas but i wouldn't post them up unless it would be a completely anonymous post.
BTW i asked about something like this before and all i got was crickets.

you can do a lot with simple relays and door contact switches/magnets for home alarm systems...be creative

Bryan

you can do a lot with simple relays and door contact switches/magnets for home alarm systems...be creative

Bryan

Cattle Poker Prongs wired to the door handles on a keyless remote arming switch on your key chain....LOL

i got a lo jack for classics installed and even i don't know where it is. It cost 399 and no other charges . Also just bought an enclosed trailer and am installing an alarm on that.It does worry me when we are traveling especially after reading posts on this site about the scumbags that steal our cars. Id love to put a bomb on the starter like the Sopranos but with my luck it will blow up just as I get the Green .LOL ,Jim Maguire