water pump plumbing ?

Martin U

Hi all,

1st I'm old now so that should start to explain my problems.
I'm getting ready to re-install engine back into car after tearing it down to inspect after 7000 miles. no problems.

Here are some of the things I wrote down in my notes.
Threaded nipple on front of manifold to....?

I am at a loss as to how to connect the water pump to the manifold and the FRONT of the hard heater lines.
large one to ?
small one to ?
Do the hard line mount with the large dia. pipe on top?

Rear of the hard lines to heater core correct?

Where does the small dia. pipe from thermostat cover go to.
Is that an outlet on the front cover next to cam sensor?
If so where to?

pics would be a great help. I used to know this stuff.
I did all the searching I could stand at that moment.
I did get a new silicon s-hose from some one an it doesn't seem to fit anywhere.
Can I get NEW hoses anywhere?

Thanks for your time and effort in helping me.
I am sure more of my lack of memory will come into play soon enough.
Marty

i am going to pull the turbo off of mine tomorrow, if you would like i will take some pictures for you.

for the most part, everything only fits in one place... and as long as you have the bypass hooked up, the rest really doesn't matter all that much.

If I'm thinking of the hard coolant lines ur talking about where 2 small diameter ones that run to the throttle body and I believe the other ends run to the bigger dia. Pipe the runs under the turbo next to the heat shield ? Well u can completely just get rid of those and plug up some nipples where the lines use to go To .... I got that advice from here it actually cleans up the engine bay more I can take pics of that if its something ur interested in doing also the is a old thread on here I started that has pics and step by step details on how to do it I'm sure there is also pics of my engine bay with the lines hooked up which might help u out as well , try a search on coolant lines or deleting coolant lines ill try to see if I can find it and post the link for ya

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

im sorry i didnt get picks for you yesterday......a/c quit on the house so i had to play a/c repair man.....lol didnt go so well!
i will get after it tonight

I think what got me wondering is that the new silicon s-hose I just bought didn't seem to fit anywhere. Must be for an 87. I ordered two different s-hoses and an l shaped from Rock auto ,we will see if they get me closer. This scares me. If I get tripped up over this,what else did I forget.

sorry i am a lil late with the pictures, 1 thing after another came up at home.....hope these help, if you need any others let me know.

Those do help! Thanks so much for the trouble. I did have some things labeled,but simple water line were not one of them.
Marty