waste gate stays shut ??

666al

If a waste gate stays shut does the boost go way up and out of control or does it not go up all the way.

what would cause drop in boost if the waste gate was not working properly. my boost now dropped to around ten and i cant get it to go up anymore. my impellers are fine boost comes up fast but stops at 10. i really have no clue on what it could be. it just stop boosting all of a sudden.

I unplugged mine when I was adjusting some wire and forgot to hook it back up. SES light came on but it SEEM to run stronger, not alot but some. Tracked the code and plugged it back up.

Check for cracked headers, blown out exhaust manifold gasket(s), leaking crossover tube.

I had a problem with the waste gate stem that is attached to the puck was getting carbon build up in the sleeve it runs through. There is no bushing or anything there and it would bind up usually partially open and caused a low boot issue like that.

I had to take the DP off and remover the waste gate assembly and open up the hole.....problem fixed.

Take your actuator arm off of the waste gate, it should move back and forth very easily.

Mine had a check valve backwards on the vacuum side and had a hose that was off. couldn't figure out why then started to think bout and tried flipping over check valve. Had any hoses off? Or check valve maybe bad!? These other guys have good points too! Maybe the solenoid but, I'd start with hoes first. Then I checked the hose to the boost gauge. I used an air compressor with blow nozzle and the regulator turned down to pressurize and check for leaks.