Wanted: OEM factory low profile engine drain plug 1989 TTA only

Jan Larsson

Per the title, see attached photos as these were only used from the factory and not what you got over the parts counter.

Low profile allen head style as per photos (not mine pictured unfortunately).

PM me if you have one to part with.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 34
Well I'll be darned, Jan some years ago, maybe 10 I bought a new 20 bolt oil pan and it came with that drain plug. I never used it and a buddy of mine here has a LOW 29 Ford sedan delivery that he tore up 2 oil pans on from hitting his regular style square headed drain plug. After the second time I said hey I've got a drain plug that won't do that and you know the rest of the story, It's still there and he's never had the problem again. I've been to about 4 different parts places and have never been able to come up with that plug again !! now I know why. Thanks and Good Luck, Mike

That's really interesting so there were pans sold over the part counter then wiht that drain plug ... have to try to find out as I always thought that maybe PAS replaced them when they build the power trains and that the engine itself came with the regular drain plug (hex head style) from Buick Powertrain in Flint (plant 36) ...

But yes ground clearance was the reason for that one and on the TTA you can understand why when you see the bottom of the pan scraped on speed bumps etc. Ask your buddy if he will part with it :)

Hi,
Yup bought that new pan right from my local GM dealer ( Camp Chev). Sorry but I know Lynn won't part with it. Here's a couple of shots of what happened to my RJC deep pan. Mike

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    956.9 KB · Views: 29
Ouch Mike ... I know what that's like .. previous owner had installed a drain plug in the transmission oil pan that got bend and punctured the pan on a speed bump then I lost all the oil and a rebuild later all sorted again :-(