Want to lower and stiffen ride

What setups are available for the gn for better handling I road race BMW's and want to lower and stiffen the car up a bit anyone here using a nice setup that there happy with???

Check into the Detroit Speed and Engineering products, they are awesome. I have about a third of their suspension right now and it's amazing. Scot W has a sticky at the top of the suspension section of his full install of DSE stuff. I would heavily recommend this company! And Scot's company GNS sells it!

Check into the Detroit Speed and Engineering products, they are awesome. I have about a third of their suspension right now and it's amazing. Scot W has a sticky at the top of the suspension section of his full install of DSE stuff. I would heavily recommend this company! And Scot's company GNS sells it!

Funny enough, Scot is actually switching over to ridetech. Maybe OP can buy Scot's old DSE stuff when it comes out.

I dont know about taking on the track i have a BMW track car that i do driving schools with and my other 2 cars the 79 and 80 trans ams have street/road race set ups on them i have detroit rear leafs on both cars with bilstien shocks and C5 front end on the 79 and hotchkis front springs and shocks on the 80 both cars are lowered 2 inchs. i would like to do a similar set up on the buick just asking whats out there for them and what you guys have tried with what results

A new set of body bushings and braces (behind the seats, front valance? bar, underhood) help out a lot. Bilstein shocks are a popular choice. I would start there are so if you like her, or you want more. Not knowing anything about the car it may be time for springs too.

A new set of body bushings and braces (behind the seats, front valance? bar, underhood) help out a lot. Bilstein shocks are a popular choice. I would start there are so if you like her, or you want more. Not knowing anything about the car it may be time for springs too.
yea i want to do springs and shocks it has bilstein hd's right now but i want it lower and stiffer

I went with new rubber body & GNX bushings (22pc set from Kirbans), Eibach 1" lowering springs (about 20% stiffer), and Bilstein HD's. The car is still very comfortable for street driving, but feels significantly tighter. I'm sure bigger wheels & lower profile tires would be an improvement, too.

You can stiffen the chassis up quite a bit with bolt on parts but if you really want to do it right then you need to pull the frame and do some welding. The seam welds are horrible to put it nicely and the frame is a wet noodle. I had a bad frame on mine and got another to put in it. If you pick one of the rear horns up that side will move about a foot before the other side starts to move.:mad: Box the center and then brace the rear cross member up and then you end up with a decent frame.;)

SoI is there really that much flex in the car/frame??? That was a good post about the braces and yes anytime you triangulate any chassis the improvement is unreal I build BMW track cars and know a thing or 2 about rollcages and body supports. KIRBAN sells al these braces? ???

Yes Kirban sells the rear seat brace and the three front braces to triangulate the front frame horns. He also has the under hood braces as well I believe. They all make quite a difference!

Scot w. runs coilovers. He has DSE now, but is switching to ridetech. I also ordered ridetech front coilovers along with their new tru-turn system. Moog seems to be the most common spring replacement. Many run 5658's with 5413's for about a one inch drop. However it has been suggested to me to run 5658 and 6377 for a lighter spring, or 5660 with the 5413 for a heavier spring rate.

well a little off topic im stuck on the side of the road the t is eithet out of gas or the Walboro took a crap i wish i had a fuel press gauge right now

It was out of gas gauge read 1/4 couldn't hear the pump cuz it was pushing air I think a fuel rail gauge is in order anyone sell a 100psi one for the rail

Ah, the old crappy Buick gas gauge trick. I start looking for a gas station when I get below 1/4 tank. You can get a fuel pressure gauge anywhere. You may want to consider a hood mounted so you can verify pressure increase with boost.

It was out of gas gauge read 1/4 couldn't hear the pump cuz it was pushing air I think a fuel rail gauge is in order anyone sell a 100psi one for the rail