Want to buy land in florida,,please help

I may be able to steer you in the right direction. Most counties in florida have an online property apprasial office. Keep in mind the apprasial may be very different than the real home value. Anyways, if you search the county apprasial office online they usually have maps of the entire county you can search by address and I know mine even has ariel photos of the property. Some are so advanced you can see what the actually recent home sells in there are and the amount in which they sold.

BandAid said:
Sorry everyone ,in my last post asking about land I did not
Post the link...Opps

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/Hom...7411A2386EAC&snumxlid=1055603122&lnksrc=00001
So not what could be wrong with this land ,see anything jump out at you ..

That is the ariel photo from the tax accessor. Looks like a good price. To bad there wasn't an address. I bet I have driven by it a million times. Looks like it is on a major street. Like every lot in FL you're going to have to pay to have it cleared. I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't run the price of the lot to clear enough to build a house. Also check with the local zoning board on restrictions. Volusia county ain't very freindly, especially if there is any hint of wetlands nearby. The big question I would ask myself is why almost 5 acres is selling under market value?

I dont think it would cost close to the price of the land to clear it. Hopefully he wouldnt clear it all, just enough for a nice house and good size yard. If you need a house built let me know, my brother in law runs a company that builds shells. He is a stickler for details and when i build my house, he will be the one to do it. The price sounds good, check with the county and see if can be split and check for restrictions. Those are prices are about a year or behind the times, maybe someone hasnt checked what land is going for recently. Definitely worth a look.

Not sure of the areas you listed but Ocala, Dade City, and Webster. Basically Pasco, Hernado and especially Lake county you can find some deals still and GL.

I built a brand new house in sarasota/bradenton area right before the bubble. Sold my home for almost double. Me 28 and my wife 24 left the beautiful state of FLA and headed home to IL. with a smile from ear to ear :biggrin:

I told everyone I could (about the property), but you can only lead a horse to water......

There is money to be made there still, but I personally have seen the land for far less and couldnt bear to spend so much.

Hated to leave friends behind , but it was an oppritunity of a lifetime:(

Bo