Visiting Boca Raton this weekend - anybody near there?

GeneralB44

www.pinkhumpy.com
I'm going to this wedding in Boca Raton but will have nothing to do all day Saturday. Is anything going on? Anybody in the area hangin out (I don't know anybody down there)?

Moroso is about 20-30 minutes from there. I don't know if there is anything going on that day. Usually bracket racing on saturdays. Let us know your schedule. I will more than likely be bangin' on the ol' gn trying to get it ready for a track rental on tuesday.

Only Saturday? Firday night, 20 minutes south, at tower shops, is the place to be.
check the thread on hot rod nights in WPB. Should only be 20 minutes north? I'm guessing...
==============
Hot Rod Nites in WPB has been a gathering for alot Palm Beach area hot rodders. I've run into a number of TR owners who are starting to show up at this place. Let's finally get a good buick showing (it is growing). If you are planning on attending, post here so that we can get a meeting time down and reserve a section for parking. You will need to plan for perhaps a 5:00 arrival in order to get a good spot to park. Come on guys, this last week a guy and his wife drove up from Ft. Lauderdale (Thanks, Paul) to attend, so you Palm Beach guys have it easy! We need to get this going here.
================
BTW, can you bring me a Pat's cheese steak?
:D

I'm getting into WPB airport at 10:30 or so Friday night and will be cruising in my Ford Ranger down to Boca. How late does the hot rod nites thing go? Anybody have directions from the airport?

I stink with directions plus they have all the roads tore up around the air port...but if some kind soul will point you to Military Trail, go South to Forest Hill Blvd and if I'm not mistaken HRN's is just to the South of the intersection on your right.

Moroso Motorsports Park is having a 5 day bracket championships Nov 14th thru 18th, Sat the 17th, gates open at noon, time trials at 1:00, eliminations at 4:00....Sun the 18th, gates open at 9:00, time trials at 10:00, eliminations at 1:00...

Sounds like a looonnnggg week but I guess if you are involved the time will just fly. I sure would like to have a little of that payout ($208,425.00)

:cool:

Originally posted by GeneralB44
I'm getting into WPB airport at 10:30 or so Friday night and will be cruising in my Ford Ranger down to Boca. How late does the hot rod nites thing go? Anybody have directions from the airport?

Just to let ya know, Hot Rod Nites is on Sat. night from as early as 5P to 10P... If ya make it up, myself and some other TR's will be there.
Later,
Jeff

Originally posted by SPower6

Just to let ya know, Hot Rod Nites is on Sat. night from as early as 5P to 10P... If ya make it up, myself and some other TR's will be there.
Later,
Jeff

But only if you charge the battery, Jeff. ;)

See ya!

Originally posted by Joe 1320

But only if you charge the battery, Jeff. ;)

See ya!

LOL, Joe. I made it dude. Had a gr8 time despite the rain :) Lets do it again...
Later,
Jeff

Hey,

What happend to the General, I never read anymore, did he get lost?
Maybe he just stayed et the wedding and chased the ladies....

:cool:

Any1 going to be at "hot rod nights" this sat.(nov.24) i will be in the west palm on sat night with some time on my hands..if you guys are going to there, could i have directions and the exact location where everyone meets??

Shoebox

From 95, take the Forrest Hill exit and head West to Military Trail. Turn left on Military (south), and Hot Rod Nites is about a couple hundred yards down on your right. Guys start getting there at around 5 and it lasts til ??? Hope to see you there!

I'm alive, school and work have been keeping me busy, and i have a girlfriend now, so thats another time consumer(not that i mind that at all) but i just really have no time on my hands. Besides it seems everytime i post something on here, a flame war begins with one of my 'friends" who just happen to own an f-body:rolleyes: Anyway, how did your car run at the track rental?? I wanna set one(a track rental) up in late January, for colder conditions, but i was out last night and it seemed cool enough for some good runs. And did jeff break the 11's??

Alex

I managed a 12.2 @112.75. The chip I have is bad. I couldn't 60 worth a crap. the 12.2 was with a 2.0 60'. That was with 93 octane alky and about 24 lbs of boost. I don't know if jeff broke into the 11s. He did brake his driveshaft though. The driveshaft looks as though someone ripped a coke can in half, and this was on drag radials! :eek:

I did manage a 114.+ mph on one run. I think that was a run where I smoked the tires through the first 60'

Jeff broke the drive shaft..ouch. Your car ran just about what mine did, just with a better 60ft, although im sure your car has more in it as im sure mine does also. I just got my alky kit, the thing is sick, Im an alcoholic for sure. How did brad run?? Wonder if he cut some 10 second passes, last i heard he had the mph for the 10's like he was going 125 or something?? Anyway, im sure with a better tuning and track conditions ur car will go well into the 11's, just gotta find that "special" tune.

Daves white Turbo T-went 11.6 @ 114, so thats just an idea of what your mph is at with a 1.6 short time which he cut on that run.

Alex

Yeah, with proper tuning and a good chip I'm pretty sure I can hit mid 11s on 93 octane. I will try to get to moroso before the end of the year and run on strait c16 and see if I can get close to a 10.99.

Brad was running consistant 10.9 -10.8 at 125-126. Most of his runs were nice clean passes.

Originally posted by blackshoebox
Ill be there, weather permitting. Thanks for the directions.

Shoebox

BTW, it was nice meeting ya this past Sat! This Sat is out for me (taking my daughter to the Buzz Bake Sale :) ). Hope to see ya again soon.
Later,
Jeff

BTW, it was nice meeting ya this past Sat! This Sat is out for me (taking my daughter to the Buzz Bake Sale ). Hope to see ya again soon.

Jeff,

It was nice meeting you too, thanks for the helpful little tips on tuning the car, I appriaciate it. I may just be out at the bake sale myself, so maybe ill run into u out there.

Later,
Alex

Originally posted by blackshoebox
BTW, it was nice meeting ya this past Sat! This Sat is out for me (taking my daughter to the Buzz Bake Sale ). Hope to see ya again soon.

Jeff,

It was nice meeting you too, thanks for the helpful little tips on tuning the car, I appriaciate it. I may just be out at the bake sale myself, so maybe ill run into u out there.

Later,
Alex

Alex-
I am sitting to the left of the stage (section 3 I believe), bout 8 rows up. Stop by and say hey :)
Later,
Jeff