Vigilante converters

WiskeyJack

What is meant by "pump" vs stall? I asked for a 3400 stall and this guy was telling me it was a ? pump converter.:confused:

the term "stall" is thrown around so much... and is very dependant on torque input. i.e. a stock smallblock with a certain converter stalls 3000 rpm.... same converter... same trans on a built big block... might stall 4500-5000.

So... in a nutshell... what comparing what different converters stall... is hardly "apples-to-apples".

Introduce the term "0-pump" .... or "6-pump" . This gets away from claiming a certain stall speed in RPM.

Make sense?

Typically a o-pump vigilante is around 3200-3400 stall.

6-pump 3500-3600 RPM

HTH

Thanks

I got in a big argument with a Buick vendor because he was playing know it all. I asked for a 32/3400 stall and his reply was we can't sell one as it depends on hp and torque and then well set you up with the right pump converter. Not knowing what he meant I proceeded to tell him what was done to the motor he then said he needed the dyno reports ? not having the motor done and not wanting to dyno it this vendor proceeded to pi** me off and I canceled the order. Went right to Precision and ordered a 3300 and the salesman there said no problem and laughed about the pump issue.
I fully realize the implications of hp and torque on a converter but hate to be belittled so the first guy lost out on a sale.

I have a Precision "0-pump" 5 disk converter on my car.

I like it.

You know when she locks....

Praise

I'm more than pleased with the converter. It has good stall but not sloppy around town and lockup works great. Quality piece.:D