video: c5 beats gn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Never-the-less, Good kill, But.......

Originally posted by Turbojorge
How much did he pay for that Vette again?..... Oh I see. How many people can you sit in their?..... Oh, O.K.

:eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess like the saying goes....if you have to ask then you can't afford it. Even though C5's aren't really that expensive.

Originally posted by blackshoebox

See5..if you wanna come on here and brag about that kill,

Show me how I did this from my initial post.

thats great. A kill is a Kill, and I won't deny it appears the buick lost. But if you wanna come on here and talk **** like you actually have something special,

Show me how I did this from my initial post.

Everything after my initial post is just me responding to the flames.

why not we organize a race with say my car, and I'll put a camera man in the car with zooooooooommmmmmm lense, so they can see how far back you are when i get done draging you down the street..

Sure, I'm in Washington, DC. Let me know when you want to come over.

Originally posted by NEARING
:) Scabs go away faster if we don't pick at them.

You should take your own advice.

A ZO6 is a C5 but not all C5's are ZO6's, about 50 hp diff.

That's brilliant. And they didn't even teach me this in college.

I doubt a C5 owner is going to come here and have his first post be a crapy Street race vid,

Anything wrong with posting a *NEW* video of a kil in a kill section?

and not give his location.
:rolleyes:

Washington DC

Re: C5 is the same as Z06 right?

Originally posted by wiked87gn
with that said, i have beaten quite a few myself, nothing to it, that GN must off been stock, about a month ago I ran into a caravan of vettes about 10 of them, (must of been some kind of club) on the highway, i tried to get a little race but nobody wanted any, so to piss them off i got in front of their pack , which btw was the middle lane on the freeway and led them for about 30miles, it was funny as hell.., to me anyways. :D

So you got infront of a bunch of balding old guys with a big mortgage, kids in college, a professional career, various assets....that were all afraid to rearend you or be involved in a possible multicar collision that may exhaust their liability limits?

Wow, that really is wicked. I guess that's why you call yourself "wiked87gn" ....although that's not how "wicked" is spelled. But that's ok, you're supposed to be wicked87gn and not "spellingbee87gn".

Unless there's already another person who's got the username, "wicked87gn"...but then, does this mean that he's as wicked as you are? Maybe the two of you should compare your wicked stories and then decide who's more wicked and are more worthy of being the true "wicked87gn" eh? Maybe he can be "spellingbee87gn" since he spelled "wicked" correctly.

I love cars in general. Except rice.

I run the risk of pissing some people off here but it never ceases to amaze me how pissed everyone gets when a Buick gets beat. Big deal. I'm obviously a Buick lover. I'd still take a GN over a Vette any day of the millenium, hands down, they are much cooler in my opinion, and alot faster in many cases with minimal mods. I don't think this guy did anything rude from the start. He obviously was in the mood to have an internet bitching session and I guess everyone here took the bait like he expected. We're too predictable. My advice, for what it's worth, is just chill. It shows more class, and that's what we're about anyway aren't we? It sounds so childish when everyone just flames back and forth, it's really comical. I've done it myself and am not proud of it, but nobdy's perfect. I would have not said anything here, but it just seemed this guy got flamed here before he flamed anyone, and I think it makes us look bad. I'm sure if we waited he would have said something that we could have flamed back about ;) , but I think he got jumped on right off the bat here and it was maybe not called for. Now he's got carte blanche to be a dope for the next 10 pages because he got flamed. Sometimes I think alot of people enjoy this, kinda like Jerry Springer.

I can't believe I'm saying this, my mother always told me acting on impulse could get me in trouble. :eek:

Re: Re: C5 is the same as Z06 right?

Originally posted by See5

So you got infront of a bunch of balding old guys with a big mortgage, kids in college, a professional career, various assets....that were all afraid to rearend you or be involved in a possible multicar collision that may exhaust their liability limits?

Wow, that really is wicked. I guess that's why you call yourself "wiked87gn" ....although that's not how "wicked" is spelled. But that's ok, you're supposed to be wicked87gn and not "spellingbee87gn".

Unless there's already another person who's got the username, "wicked87gn"...but then, does this mean that he's as wicked as you are? Maybe the two of you should compare your wicked stories and then decide who's more wicked and are more worthy of being the true "wicked87gn" eh? Maybe he can be "spellingbee87gn" since he spelled "wicked" correctly.
WOW!!!!! this guy is really a moron, lmao, (wikedgn) seven letters, hence that is all that california allows you to have on ur license place, i could not get wickedgn, more than seven letters you moron...i am done with this childish stuff,it is pretty obvious he wants a pissing contest, i for once, like corvettes, but a friend of mine who has a 2001 Z06 not a C5 , even supercharged the damn thing, and still could only run 7.98's in the 1/8 of a mile, vettes are not made for drag racing and he found out the hard way, that being $8,500 dollars for the ATI supercharged, that he ended up taking off anyways, my stock motor GN with a few bolt ons would off taking this guy with his $41,000+$8,500=$49,500 Z06 anytime of the day. enough said.

Re: See5..

Is the car in the video your's? Or do you have a car at all??:rolleyes:

I'm sorry if you feel that owning used car such as yours is something that I cannot financially attained.

But how did this come about from my merely posting a link to a RECENT video that is relevant in this kill section of the this forum?

And why would I not have a car when I've already told you where I live and have accepted your challenge?

Re: Re: Re: C5 is the same as Z06 right?

Originally posted by wiked87gn
WOW!!!!! this guy is really a moron, lmao, (wikedgn) seven letters, hence that is all that california allows you to have on ur license place, i could not get wickedgn, more than seven letters you moron...

Sorry, but your Turbobuick.com names is "wiked87gn" which is NINE letters, not SEVEN. (cantcount87gn?)

Next time when I see someone misspelling a 9 letter word/username, I'll be sure to consult Ms. Cleo to see if their intentions was to actualy emulate their SEVEN letter license plate, but using NINE letters.

ok smart ass..

Originally posted by See5

I'm sorry if you feel that owning used car such as yours is something that I cannot financially attained.

But how did this come about from my merely posting a link to a RECENT video that is relevant in this kill section of the this forum?

And why would I not have a car when I've already told you where I live and have accepted your challenge?

I simply ask if the car in the video was yours. The reference about even having a car was a logical question since you could easily be some loser without a car bragging about your friends corvette. Theoritically, you could even be some 13 year old kid, getting a good laugh about this.:eek: Also it's real easy to accept a challenge when your in Washington and I am in Florida. If you would have posted your location in your profile then I would have know better to lay out a challenge.

Assuming that your not a kid, you seem to think you better then everyone since a Buick Grand National is far to "cheap" and it obviously is something you could easily financially attain as you like to put it.:rolleyes: If you do own a vette, you sure do fit the typical vette owner mold: snoby and ignorant.

Come on guys, at least its in the GM family. Could have been worst like a mustang. Good Kill Carlos

Re: ok smart ass..

I simply ask if the car in the video was yours.

You didn't just simply ask if the car was mine. You also questioned if I even owned a car when I already accepted your challenge :rolleyes:

The reference about even having a car was a logical question since you could easily be some loser without a car bragging about your friends corvette.

Posting a link of a RECENT video of a relevant car in a relevant forum is bragging? So no one is allowed to post videos or talk about a car unless he's the owner of it?

Theoritically, you could even be some 13 year old kid, getting a good laugh about this.:eek:

Actually, I'm some old guy who's getting a good laugh about this. :)

Also it's real easy to accept a challenge when your in Washington and I am in Florida. If you would have posted your location in your profile then I would have know better to lay out a challenge.

Not my problem that you haven't the intuition to ask me where I lived first before you started making challenges. And if I win or lose in a streetrace "by and inch or a mile"...it is still not a significant defining even in my life. Maybe it's yours, who knows.

Assuming that your not a kid, you seem to think you better then everyone since a Buick Grand National is far to "cheap" and it obviously is something you could easily financially attain as you like to put it.:rolleyes: If you do own a vette, you sure do fit the typical vette owner mold: snoby and ignorant.

Assuming that you have at least a 6th grade comprehension of the English language, can you show me where in my post that I presented myself as being better than "everyone" other than my directly responding to your remarks and your sort, in kind?

blah blah blah:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

listen see5...i know that GN was stock or near stock so why are you bragging...nobody really cares

now if you beat up on a 10 second big turboed GN then i would say great job...but honestly theres TONS of new cars out now that can SPANK a bone stock GN...wanna know why? TECHNOLOGY even most frickin econo cars have the stock or more 245 horsepower that the GN was rated at...so gimme a break, our cars shine when modded not stock (although back then...NOTHING could beat our cars even bone stock until 1990)

as for the weight and stopping issue...WHO CARES since when did they do braking contests? you can easily make a GN stop just as good as a vette if not BETTER and it has been done before...it's all a matter of new parts and techonology...we use the old disc/drum setup compared to a much lighter car and ABS

the corvette wouldnt even be alive today if it wasn't for the GN's death in 1987...wanna know why? because the corvette was a SH!TBOX in the 80's and couldnt even beat a mustang...so chevy cried about it and GM decided to slash the GN in favor of the complaining...otherwise you would be seeing the GN today as "GMs flagship car" and it would be way faster than 13.9 stock like the old GNs are...imagine that...a GN with modern technology...scary to think about isn't it:rolleyes: :cool: :D

so quit the crap and get a real car...

here it is assclown..

"I'm sorry if you feel that owning used car such as yours is something that I cannot financially attained. "

By saying this, In my mind, you are saying my used car is far below your high standards of a sports car since you most likely drive a vette. Hence the expression, "you think you are better then everybody since you drive a vette and can obvious afford one if you own one"

Simple enough, I think. But for some of you vette guys, with that whole "middle life crisis" thing going on, I have to wonder..

..In closing, you should not come on here expecting a warm welcome posting a kill video of buick vs Vette and then just take cheap shots like, "bohoo, sorry if I hurt you guys feelings" etc...Especially, being it your first few post. If you were a regular here, that would be a different story.

So you still have not answer my question. Is that your vette in the video?? If not, what does your vette(again assuming that is what you drive, if you drive anything at all) run, etc..??

Hey See5, I don't think anybody would have cared if you would have explained your 1st post instead of just a link, with a video of a C5 beating a GN. If I went on to corvette forum and put a post , GN beats C5 and didn't explain anything about the cars or even just say , "Hey I thought yall might enjoy this, I found it on "www .com " or something like that, nobody would have thought anything of it, sure GNs lose just like every other car. You came on here knowing full well what you were getting into and you were ready for a big argument, its pretty obvious in how you went about posting the movie and the fact that you had to take the time to register, just so you could post a video. Don't wrag on somebodys screen name when yours isn't even the right C5 not see5, i get that its a joke but no better than wiked, it still gets the point across. If you really had no intention in getting things all riled up, then you would have apoligized when you realized you came off wrong but you didn't, you got what you wanted. By the way nice kill to who ever was racing.

Originally posted by d0n_3d
blah blah blah:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

listen see5...i know that GN was stock or near stock so why are you bragging...

show me where i started a post bragging?

nobody really cares

you seem to since you're responding.

now if you beat up on a 10 second big turboed GN then i would say great job...but honestly theres TONS of new cars out now that can SPANK a bone stock GN...wanna know why? TECHNOLOGY even most frickin econo cars have the stock or more 245 horsepower that the GN was rated at...so gimme a break, our cars shine when modded not stock (although back then...NOTHING could beat our cars even bone stock until 1990)

kill section

link to recent video

entertainment

get over it

as for the weight and stopping issue...WHO CARES since when did they do braking contests?

you don't seem to understand why braking power was brought up. it was another guy who questioned the outcome of the race due to the GN letting off first. that's why i mentioned that the road that they were racing on was ending at a crossroad with cars travelling on it and the GN needed more time to stop vs. the C5.

you can easily make a GN stop just as good as a vette if not BETTER and it has been done before...it's all a matter of new parts and techonology...we use the old disc/drum setup compared to a much lighter car and ABS

so the C5 can't modify it's braking system in this contest?

the corvette wouldnt even be alive today if it wasn't for the GN's death in 1987...wanna know why?

aren't you going off into another tangent...or galaxy here? i posted a link to a video of streetrace....that's it.

so quit the crap and get a real car...

my my, and i thought that Corvette owners were supposed to be the snobby arrogant ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.