Very clean very fast 86 GN

RKturbo6

Well if you read the thread posted in the kills section you knew this was coming. I HAVE to get a house and I have another little Satan on the way in a couple of weeks. I was going to try and get this thing finished but I have run out of time and $. I have owned this car for a little over 2 years now. It has always been a Southern car. I bought it from the original owners son. Have spent A TON of $ and time on it trying to make it a Very very nice ride. It had the motor rebuilt at 91,000 miles and the tranny was rebuilt a few thousand miles later. The engine was taken apart new rings and bearings and a Comp cams 206 cam and timing chain was installed. The heads recieved a 5 angle valve job, new guides and were decked. The trans was rebuilt with an Art car shift kit in and a brand new D5 was installed. The car has been down for almost a year getting painted.

Exterior

It was completely stripped to bare metal and was painted with Dupont Chromabase paint and 800K primer. It does have some minor flaws in it (long story e-mail for the details) but looks really really good. Has a very deep glossy look. To make perfect it needs a good wet sand and buff and the hood is not straight. I had an IC hose blowing off add a dime sized dent in it.

All and I do mean all (Ttop, Doors, Trunk, Window felts, door handles mirrors and locks)weatherstripping was replaced with GM parts.

Door hinges replaced

New GM Spoilers

New filler panels front and rear

Brand new GN and intercooler emblems front and rear

Front and rear bumperettes shaved and filled.

Clear front turn lenses

Silverstar headlights all 4

Interior

New Auto custom carpet

Most of the interior trim has been replaced.

New shifter handle.

Autometer Ultra-lite Boost and electric Fuel pressure in overhead T-top pod along with Very bright flashing red low Alky led.

Autometer Ultra-lite Oil pressure and Water temp in console pod.

Scanmaster

lighted F-body rearview mirror

Kenwood Excellon 859 (MASK) CD/Reciever with MB quart speakers in the dash and the trunk.

Viper 790 Alarm/ remote start with new door and trunk remote actuators.

TR custom parts ashtray switch panel with TCC/Linelock/ ALKY master and test switches

Alky pump wired to light Power injection light in dash when flowing.

Window were just tinted last week.

The car still needs a few things on the inside like upper Door panels and front seats, console and dash overlays, steering wheel and t-top trim pieces.

Drivetrain

New John Craig GT67 turbo polished hsing PTE .63 exhaust hsing

SS feed and return lines

NEW PTE FMIC with polished pipes

NEW MSD 50LB injectors

Accufab FPR with rail mounted gauge

Eric Marshal Chip (Awsome chip)

ported plenum and lower intake

TH Down pipe

Hallman MBC

Poston Headers

Poston crossover pipe

Hooker Dual 2.5 exhaust

New Hot wired Walbro 340

Alky kit with new washer and overflow bottles and SS lines.

1 week old 140 amp Impala SS Alternator (with life time warranty)

Newer Sears Die hard gold battery

New F-body radiator (still have original radiator as well)

New biggest model B&M trans cooler

B&M linelock

Vaccum brake conversion with new pads on the front and Aluminum drums with S-10wheel cylinders and Large (soft) shoes.

New MAF with K&N filter

Valve covers and intake painted and ribs polished

Valve cover breathers

Car has cut one coil V6 regal springs in the front and F body springs in the rear. Car sits about 1-1.5 inches lower all the way around.

Have a set of new lower control amr snad a snubber not on the car yet.

A good amount of weight taken out. Sound deadner removed from Floorpan, Aluminum supports front and rear, Door crash beams removed as well. Front sway bar removed but still have.

Brand new 17x9.5 Rear 17x8 Front Budnik M5 billet wheels with clearcoat option.

Brand new 315/35/17 Nitto Drag radials Rear and 245/45/17 Nitto 555 front (Over 3,000.00 in the wheels and tires alone)

Also still have original rims which are in good shape as well.

Have a bunch of extra parts as well including drive shaft, brake drums, Coil, Autometer Fuel level gauge, Fuel seding unit, Car cover, int trim pieces ect to go with it.

I am sure there are a bunch of things I am forgetting. I have got Waaaaaaaay more than I am asking for in this car and Allot of time in it. It still needs some things like front seats door panels and a good convereter but this car really hauls but and looks outstanding doing it.

Asking 8500.00 for it. It is for sales locally as well so first come first serve. I have some pics and can take more if needed.

Thanks

1 pic

Attachments

• gn left front -2.jpg
    gn left front -2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 650
No I have not. Still not sure it is but makes the most sense. All of the cylinders were right at 138-140 when I did comp check except for # 2 which was down about 20 pts. No smoking at all. No water in the oil or air bubbles in the coolant and the coolant smell is gone. I think the coolant smell might have been from the overflow but not sure. The plugs look great as well. Might do another comp check tommorow just to see. Drove it for a good few hours yesterday in the hot as hell Florida weather and last night temp never went over 180 degrees.

Say a couple of grand to finish it new front seat upholstrey/ Upper door panels/ Steering wheel and a solid 3400 convereter and I think it would run easy low's like it sits. If you pulled the heads and got them ported or a set of VPE or Champions and WILL run 10's. This car is very solid straight with no rust and lightweight (For a TR) no power windows/ power seats and such.

Say a couple of grand to finish it new front seat upholstrey/ Upper door panels/ Steering wheel and a solid 3400 convereter and I think it would run easy low's like it sits. If you pulled the heads and got them ported or a set of VPE or Champions and WILL run 10's. This car is very solid straight with no rust and lightweight (For a TR) no power windows/ power seats and such.

Originally posted by RKturbo6
your crazzy for asking that:) :)

Go for at least $10,500.....:) :) :)
Want to just sell the rims ,have TT II's that you can put on...

Whats the Backspace on them wheels/:D

I have to say that the rim and tire combo REALLY do set the car off. rears are 4 7/8 fronts are 4" on the front

Attachments

• gn rear wheel tire -2.jpg
    gn rear wheel tire -2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 531
the car

man , that car is beautiful! I love the wheels and tires. I have an 87 gn with 18 * 8, 18 * 10. your car looks great! If I didn't already have one, this would be the one!