vendors at BPG event

I will be there tuning customers cars. I only plan on brining pre-orders. So, if anyone needs anything, give us a call and I will bring it at a discounted rate ;)

In all, the amount of vendor displays was real poor. Only one shirt vendor and no parts vendors for turbo cars at all. Cal was there,( I got a few shots to post of him working on Dave Fiscus's car,) but not one display for our cars. Turbo car turnout was poor to say the least. Only 8 in the car show and only 1 GNX showed. Come on guys, we have to do better or we wont have any events to go to.

Coach

it is you the customers that need to contact the sellers and say I want to touch and feel what you have before I buy it...the internet has killed Events...I do have commitments from Jack Cotton and Dennis Kirban will attend next year...Glen from Highways stars was busy developing new products...Trust me I contacted all the V6 players to attend as vending is FREE...maybe next year with the TTA and t-Type T Part BASH they will attend....there is also a GNX GN reunion in the works for 2012 of which Richard Clark and Dennis Kirban might be involved...but this is still in the discussion stages...and no plans are set in stone....I do know that the vendors that did attend were glad they did and made $$ those that attended saw people at HR parts and Then and Now Restorations as well as Cars Inc...all made profits....The BPG cannot pay vendors to attend but it is free to vend..and there are some benifits for sponsoring the event...Jason form RJC...Kirban Performance... Precision...have been sponsors but have not attended...so talk to these vendors and say hey...show up and I will buy products...or show up with pre-orders and save the shipping

HR Parts got a sale from me, had some "Turbo money" and no where to spend it, not a new turbo to be found.
Glad to see HR parts stand..... picked up a rear cover and stud kit, I already have there bar, great products, was great to talk one on one with the owner, he answered all my questions.
Also supported the t-shirt vendor, BPG Tent, Jax Wax.... and my 3 boys made sure the food/shaved ice vendors where kept busy.
Had a great time, thanks Sean for all the hard work and would like to thank all the BPG Staff for a well run event.
Nice to see old friends and meet new ones.

Chuck

Sounds like attendance was way down from last year. You can't blame vendors from taking a chance in this economy.

do not blame the vendors at all....but it is you the customer that attends to speak up and say I want you there so I can spend my money...In talking to the track manager vendor participation has been way down on all the Events...but the number one thing he hears is that those that did show up made $$...because of the impulse buy and the fact they knew a particular vendor would be there...The BPG can beg all they want,,,but we are not buying the parts...just providing a venue for the vendor to meet face to face with a customer....There is a huge expense for a vendor to attend a 3 day event..travel..hotels..and the small $25 per person entry fee...unless they sponsor...the BPG are thinking about waiving the entry fee for vendors and their employees so that it would be even cheaper for them to attend....it is also hard to walk away from potential phone and internet business for 3 days...all choices that I and the BPG understand,,,that maybe the customer does not...So the BPG is on the vendors side...but if the customer says I want you there because I want to see X-part in question it might change their mind...The vendors that have attended in the past have been happy with the way the BPG handles them...even if they are not sponsors I make sure every vendor give me a little write up about them to be announced at the event...The Vendors that sponsor get printed ADs in event flyer and our quarterly magazine depending on sponsorship level the bigger the AD as well a free entry and t-shirts based on sponsor level... for more information on sponsorship levels visit 2010 Vendor and Sponsor Information

but even those that do not sponsor get track announcements....and next year we plan on moving the vendors section to behind the main bleachers so that the majority of attendees have to walk by them to visit the bathroom or go to the food and ice vendor....increased foot traffic increased sales....but again thanks to all the Vendors that did attend and those that did not that still sponsored the event

GNS had to pass this year mainly due to a very bad July. Lot's of stuff happened last month that put us way behind so naturally we had to play catch up to get back on track. I will say this, Last year when we attended we barely broke even to cover the costs of the trip and i'm okay with that but proffits are better! lol

The BPG treated us great by stoping by us every day and asking if we need anything. Wonderfull people, great event!

In the future if things go as planed we will be at BPG next year and many years to follow.

Sean keep up the good work, sorry we missed this one! ;)

GNS Performance

gbsean;2559894[COLOR=Black said:
and the small $25 per person entry fee[/COLOR]

Sorry to disagree with you but $25 spectator fee is not small at all. If you want to make it cheaper to attend you should consider lowering the spectator fee. Also why do you have to be a member of a club to get cheaper race entry, spectator entry, etc..?? That statement is not just meant for the BPG either. Why can't everyone pay the same race entry since there is not a different purse for being a club member. If I wanted to take my car to the Nats JUST to make a time run it would cost nearly $100?? That is absolutely crazy. In March you could make time runs all 4 days for less than that including spectator entry. I would have liked to come to the BPG however I just couldn't justify $50 for 2 days just to get in, look around and watch cars go down the track. Not worth 50 bucks IMHO...

In all, the amount of vendor displays was real poor. Only one shirt vendor and no parts vendors for turbo cars at all. Cal was there,( I got a few shots to post of him working on Dave Fiscus's car,) but not one display for our cars. Turbo car turnout was poor to say the least. Only 8 in the car show and only 1 GNX showed. Come on guys, we have to do better or we wont have any events to go to.

Coach
Coach, how much did it cost you in fees just for the track for this past weekend including spectator and racing (not sure if you raced your car)??

Also for the race winners and R/U. What was the entry fee you paid vs the purse you received in each of your classes??

it is you the customers that need to contact the sellers and say I want to touch and feel what you have before I buy it...the internet has killed Events...I do have commitments from Jack Cotton and Dennis Kirban will attend next year...Glen from Highways stars was busy developing new products...Trust me I contacted all the V6 players to attend as vending is FREE...maybe next year with the TTA and t-Type T Part BASH they will attend....there is also a GNX GN reunion in the works for 2012 of which Richard Clark and Dennis Kirban might be involved...but this is still in the discussion stages...and no plans are set in stone....I do know that the vendors that did attend were glad they did and made $$ those that attended saw people at HR parts and Then and Now Restorations as well as Cars Inc...all made profits....The BPG cannot pay vendors to attend but it is free to vend..and there are some benifits for sponsoring the event...Jason form RJC...Kirban Performance... Precision...have been sponsors but have not attended...so talk to these vendors and say hey...show up and I will buy products...or show up with pre-orders and save the shipping

Sean, you are DEAD ON with this statement!! You guys seem to have a first class thing going and I applaud you. Its not easy being an event coordinator trying to make things right.

i was really hoping to see more vendors but i can understand its probably tough to get to all the events. all in all i had a good time ! i mostly go to watch the the racing,and i did that. i also joined the BPG. not to many private parts sellers either i was looking for a few things but no luck lol ! looking forward to next year !!:biggrin:

Sorry to disagree with you but $25 spectator fee is not small at all. If you want to make it cheaper to attend you should consider lowering the spectator fee. Also why do you have to be a member of a club to get cheaper race entry, spectator entry, etc..?? That statement is not just meant for the BPG either. Why can't everyone pay the same race entry since there is not a different purse for being a club member. If I wanted to take my car to the Nats JUST to make a time run it would cost nearly $100?? That is absolutely crazy. In March you could make time runs all 4 days for less than that including spectator entry. I would have liked to come to the BPG however I just couldn't justify $50 for 2 days just to get in, look around and watch cars go down the track. Not worth 50 bucks IMHO...

Well put! $25 bucks to walk through the gate is rediculous to say the least.:rolleyes: There was no huge attraction to pay for, exc.. but hey I paid my $25 and went in and bought 3 shirts. $75 for 3 days is outta hand to just do that. I thought $4 dollars for a PowerAde was something that was total bs!:mad:

You REALLY wanna know why this event is going into the crapper people?? Its the BS rules THIS track inforces that NONE of the other Buick event tracks do!! Everybody knows the deal with this place anymore and they leave them at home! My car and 5 friends cars sat at home because none have roll cages, roll bars, exc. 11.50 or slower or forget it!! Oh and if any of your safety equipment doesnt pass "there" tech you have to go buy new before you go down the track.

True story happened friday. Friend of mines car runs bottom 10s. He hasnt been to National Trail since the GSCA was there in '99. I told him not to waste his time and money going but he insisted. He found out quick he either runs it eight mile or he will be thrown out immediatly with no refund for no cage! Mind you its a street car not a race car and doesnt want a cage to bang his head on the street. Anyways National Trail then informs him his $400 dollar Simpson helmet is "out of date"... WHAT???:confused: Yes but dont worry.. National Trail will sell him a Vega helmet (pos) for $125 bucks so he is "allowed" to go down the track.:rolleyes: How convienant they have helmets for you to buy there. So he buys it or its a wasted trip to Columbus and lets his Simpson sit in the trailer.

So before people say "its the tracks rules" "if you dont wanna deal with there rules, then dont run" and all the other bs that goes along with it. Save it! I get that side of it! People wanna know why the turn out sucks?? Theres your answer!! PERIOD!

Move this event somewhere decent and watch the numbers climb. That track is an hour and a half from me. Id drive 6 hours to get away from the bs that track has to offer.

Fees are VERY STIFF to say the least. I joined BPG for 35 bucks and it was still 25 a day for my better half and 20 a day for me, so $125 for Friday and Sat. I wanted to do the car show, but 50 bucks was too much. I could see 75 bucks for the entire weekend with 2 people per car. Racing could be extra, but doesnt need to be. The rules do suck, so I agree with Limited87. I did not bring long pants so I got there and found out I could not take a low 12 car down because I may burn to death, but long pants would have saved me. My father was a fire chief for 13 years and even he said, jeans wont do anything to protect you in a fire. They burn and stick to your skin. Racing pants do not burn.
My friend could not use his laptop until Saturday evening. An announcement was made, NO LAPTOPS IN CAR...WTF??? Then it changed to , it must be secured down to the seat or stand. If I paid 260 bucks for a Powerlogger and 400 for a computer to run it and then paid 150 bucks to race all weekend and could not do so because of a laptop...The BPG event would have made the 6 oclock news...LOL.
If I would have raced all 3 days, it would have been 225 bucks(non-member fees) for me and my girlfriend. Now any normal person knows people cannot afford that. If that track is too much to rent, find another.

:biggrin:

Well put! $25 bucks to walk through the gate is rediculous to say the least.:rolleyes: There was no huge attraction to pay for, exc.. but hey I paid my $25 and went in and bought 3 shirts. $75 for 3 days is outta hand to just do that. I thought $4 dollars for a PowerAde was something that was total bs!:mad:

You REALLY wanna know why this event is going into the crapper people?? Its the BS rules THIS track inforces that NONE of the other Buick event tracks do!! Everybody knows the deal with this place anymore and they leave them at home! My car and 5 friends cars sat at home because none have roll cages, roll bars, exc. 11.50 or slower or forget it!! Oh and if any of your safety equipment doesnt pass "there" tech you have to go buy new before you go down the track.

True story happened friday. Friend of mines car runs bottom 10s. He hasnt been to National Trail since the GSCA was there in '99. I told him not to waste his time and money going but he insisted. He found out quick he either runs it eight mile or he will be thrown out immediatly with no refund for no cage! Mind you its a street car not a race car and doesnt want a cage to bang his head on the street. Anyways National Trail then informs him his $400 dollar Simpson helmet is "out of date"... WHAT???:confused: Yes but dont worry.. National Trail will sell him a Vega helmet (pos) for $125 bucks so he is "allowed" to go down the track.:rolleyes: How convienant they have helmets for you to buy there. So he buys it or its a wasted trip to Columbus and lets his Simpson sit in the trailer.

So before people say "its the tracks rules" "if you dont wanna deal with there rules, then dont run" and all the other bs that goes along with it. Save it! I get that side of it! People wanna know why the turn out sucks?? Theres your answer!! PERIOD!

Move this event somewhere decent and watch the numbers climb. That track is an hour and a half from me. Id drive 6 hours to get away from the bs that track has to offer.
I wont be going next year, so BPG will end up minus 50 dollars. My friend had a membership and his name was not on the list. Last BPG event I went to was at Quaker, and that was a joke also. Its pretty bad when you want to be a part of the buick comunity and their allways has to be BS. Norwalk is a NRHA track and you dont here all the BS, so why cant BPG have the same deals. Yea I know the rules and I wont cut up a 9 second 87 GN.............. Two all those who Bitch about cages , I got my 9 second GN without a cage. LOL

It was a very smooth run event in my opinion. I would return in a second. As far as the rules go, if you build a fast street car without a cage don't whine when you show up and can't run. This was the first Buick event to my knowledge that real track rules are enforced and a wake up call to those who didn't have their things together. If you make the drive to Norwalk you make the gamble you might come back home if you don't have the right equipment. If you are running brackets then slow your car down to the speeds allowed. The helmet rules have been going on for years at our local tracks. I agree some better calls by the track could have been made on some little issues, but National Trail calls the shots who runs down their tracks not the BPG. The only way to win no matter where you go is to be legal.

It was a very smooth run event in my opinion. I would return in a second. As far as the rules go, if you build a fast street car without a cage don't whine when you show up and can't run. This was the first Buick event to my knowledge that real track rules are enforced and a wake up call to those who didn't have their things together. If you make the drive to Norwalk you make the gamble you might come back home if you don't have the right equipment. If you are running brackets then slow your car down to the speeds allowed. The helmet rules have been going on for years at our local tracks. I agree some better calls by the track could have been made on some little issues, but National Trail calls the shots who runs down their tracks not the BPG. The only way to win no matter where you go is to be legal.

I agree completely!! Well said and I agree completely!! I was the fastest car there and had absolutely no problems with there tech inspections , reason being that I am 100% legal!! I dont necessarly agree with all the required safety equipment required , but I understand that **** happens , and when , or if it does , that equipment may save my life!! Thats enough for me and my family to keep it legal. Mike:cool:

Well maybe if my car didnt have 22,000 miles on it, I would cage it. Limited87's car has 17 or 18,000 on it so, if we choose to run faster then 11.50's that is our choice. To cut up my car to follow a rule book, that is to restrictive to begin with, is not in my best interest. My Max Wedge car runs 11.20's all day long on a mild launch. It can go 10.80's on slicks when really pushed. I have run it at every track on the Chrysler Classic circuit without a problem. I have updated seat belts, helmet, tranny blanket, flexplate, etc, but to devalue my car just to meet someones rules at ONE TRACK, is bogus. The flip flopping on the rules on Sat was a real pain in the azz. BPG should post the rules that will affect our cars ahead of time, so we know whats up. They did not because they knew that if they posted NO LAPTOPS IN CAR, every turbocar out there would have stayed home. 75% or better run Directscan or Powerlogger, and they know that. I do not think I will be making the trip next year. I will do BG, Norwalk and hopefully the TB.com Nats, but I am not paying for a $10,000, 750HP engine just to tune it back. I believe if I am to meet my maker at the track, then he is going to take me , cage or not.

sorry if track follows NHRA rules...yes we were able to convince them to allow properly secured laptops....have the lawyers ruined racing...yes...but I would rather be safe than sorry....if you do not comply...then do not show up...it is that simple...this was an issue last year and the BPG stood their ground and will continue to do so...

TSM sounded REAL smooth. Did you even read my post Ted? I dont disagree with what you said about tracks in your area and some of the call Trails makes needing to be better. No ones whining here... We know the deal with National Trail so we dont race (or even bring cars to there show for that matter). Problem is the newer people dont! People are asking why the turn out SUCKS???!!! Were telling people why the turn out SUCKS! I have never missed a BPG event. I have watched the car show attendance and race car attendance fall year after year since '04. Norwalk is my home track so Im a little confused with your "gamble" comment. My cars live there all season running in the deep 9s with no cage as do tons of others running sub 11.50s and have for the past 20+ years, Buick events and regular program dates. So if you call that a gamble then we like the odds of running there and not having any problems. People love to hate when there tracks make them follow "there rules" that many of the others dont.

Well maybe if my car didnt have 22,000 miles on it, I would cage it. Limited87's car has 17 or 18,000 on it so, if we choose to run faster then 11.50's that is our choice. To cut up my car to follow a rule book, that is to restrictive to begin with, is not in my best interest. My Max Wedge car runs 11.20's all day long on a mild launch. It can go 10.80's on slicks when really pushed. I have run it at every track on the Chrysler Classic circuit without a problem. I have updated seat belts, helmet, tranny blanket, flexplate, etc, but to devalue my car just to meet someones rules at ONE TRACK, is bogus. The flip flopping on the rules on Sat was a real pain in the azz. BPG should post the rules that will affect our cars ahead of time, so we know whats up. They did not because they knew that if they posted NO LAPTOPS IN CAR, every turbocar out there would have stayed home. 75% or better run Directscan or Powerlogger, and they know that. I do not think I will be making the trip next year. I will do BG, Norwalk and hopefully the TB.com Nats, but I am not paying for a $10,000, 750HP engine just to tune it back. I believe if I am to meet my maker at the track, then he is going to take me , cage or not.

Your wasting your time Coach.. When you dont have a low mile, immaculate, limited production car, running 11.5s or better your not willing to cut up for 1 track you get no understanding from the people that dont.

New Z06 Corvettes, SS Camaros, Mustangs all will dust 11.5s with basically nothing done. I sure see alot of those caged at Norwalk on friday nights:rolleyes:

We dont comply with all Trails rules so we dont show up. The BPG can continue to stand there ground and watch there numbers fall to nothing. This year should have been a real wake up call. I think we finally spent our last weekend there. I know 6 TTAs from Ohio that will pass on the reunion next year.

Pics are up from the event!

BPG 2010 Ohio - a set on Flickr

I have about another 900 to upload in the coming days so check back often! Was an AWESOME time! I loved EVERY second of it even when Sean yelled at me! :p

These events are 100% what YOU make of them. And I always make the best of it! :D Just keep in mind if everyone keeps bitching and these events go away due to low attendance then where will you go to complain?? :cool: Well then again I guess people will complain about not having any Buick events to attend then. I support ALL Buick events only because I don't want to see them go away no matter what issues arise. I go to many track events/car shows all year long and NOTHING beats going to these turbo Buick events IMO. Just being around the cars, meeting new people, being on vacation away from the city, and shooting the bull with good friends I've made on these boards over the years are what it's about in my book.

Remember boys.. life is too short as it is.... and when you run under 11.50 without a cage well life can be even shorter! You boys need to come up this way and try that. The tracks around here have a gate at the end of the quarter mile. You run too fast and your ass gets tossed at the end of the track! From my point of view National Trail is VERY fair when it comes to tech from what I've seen locally. I'll never figure out for the life of me why guys want to go so fast and not install the proper safety items to support those speeds. :confused:

Just ask any of these turbo Buick guys who have had the misfortune of winding up on their roof going down the quarter mile. Ask them if they would pull the cage from their car and do it all over again! :rolleyes: If you wanna play you gotta pay or stay home! :cool:

So your car can run at a nhra event, LOL. Please you are so wrong, you run at a buick event. Maybe you do have a nhra certification on your car?