Valvoline VR1 20w50 racing oil

onefastgn

Going to do a oil change and did not have any ZDDP on hand. I was wondering if any one was using it because it has a higher zinc additive in it. This is the Non synthetic oil, and i have a roller cam motor. I would prefer a 10w40 but this is all they had. Any pros or cons on using it. Thanks

That's what i use and alot more people use to I order it in 10.30 or 10.40 at napa by the case

Good to know guys. Thanks. I figured it would be ok, i just wanted to see what some were using. I will check into the 10w40 on the next change due to all the METH I'm using and needs changed more often.

racing oil in general needs to be changed quite often. it doesn't have the additive packages (like dispersants) that regular oils do.

I use it too. No issues. It's a little thicker and your oil pressure will probably increase, especially at startup.

Orelies here closed it out. I have about 30 quarts of 10W-30 VR1 synthetic for 3.68 a quart.

VR1 20w-50 non syn here too. I've been putting in a half bottle of zddp just to be safe on my stock cam.

i bought 5 cases when it was on sale at advanced auto a couple seasons ago .I run it in my TSM car

Mix 20/50 and 10/30 to achieve WOT oil psi...50 min 70 max at WOT. I like it with ZDDP.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I use VR1 20-50 aswell with half a bottle of ZDDP.
Autozone here just had a sell that ended the end of April of $2 dollars off a bottle.
You can say I STOCKED up!

I use VR1 20-50 aswell with half a bottle of ZDDP.
Autozone here just had a sell that ended the end of April of $2 dollars off a bottle.
You can say I STOCKED up!

I'm runnin it in my t type and it work great...upped my hot idle oil pressure to 25lbs and quieted a ticky lifter...good stuff. I thought it had zinc in it...I added a bottle of zddp anyway cause I had it on hand

The 20w-50 does have Zinc in it, at least the bottle says it does. The guy at Autozone was trying to tell me that this oil is synthetic and I said I didn't think so. Is the VR1 conventional or synthetic?

paul

The 20w-50 does have Zinc in it, at least the bottle says it does. The guy at Autozone was trying to tell me that this oil is synthetic and I said I didn't think so. Is the VR1 conventional or synthetic?

paul

It's both. VR1 (Silver bottle) is Dyno Oil. VR1 Synthetic (Black Bottle) is well Synthetic.

And I've not seen an independent VOA on it but it's supposed to be 1300-1400 PPM