Valvoline VR1 10w-30

stickybones

What?
Anyone ever see this stuff in stores? All I ever see is 50 and 20w-50 even though the Valvoline website says they make a VR1 10w-30.

No, I don't see that much difference between the two, and have used the other for years.

Don't mean to Hijack the thread StickyBones but I was thinking of using this oil. I'm located on Long Island. Anyone know where I might be able to find it? Any major auto parts chains? Haven't looked yet myself but thought someone might be able to give me a head start. Thanks!
Rob

No problem rc.

I'm trying to find it myself. I've used 20w-50 VR1, but I don't want to use the "heavy" oil in the winter. I prefer 10w-30 in the winter and want to use VR1, just can't find this grade in the stores. I end up just using plain old Valvoline in the winter (or I've sometimes used Kendall GT1 10w-30).

You can order the VR-1 10w-30 at any Napa. You can also get Valvoline non street racing oil through them also.

Hey Lazaris, that kinda worked. I tried a local NAPA, but no deal. I did manage to order it from a local auto parts store and they got it. Valvoline part no. VV205...case of 12-1 qt bottles. Good deal.