valve train noise??

666al

MY buick has recently made some noticeble valvetrain noise. I was wondering when to much is to much. Are these motors normally noisy? I can notice one clicking noise and it annoys the hell out of me. Is there a way to adjust the valve lash or something? Any opinions on what i should do guys? i apreciate your help

Buick motors are pretty noisey. Often times the cam sensor makes noise that gets blamed on the valve train. Do a search on shimming the cam sesor which is pretty easy to do and cost less than $10 and that may take care of a good bit of your valve train noise especially if your cam sensor has high mileage on it.

This thread may be worth reading to you. If you have any lifters sticking that could cause some noise, and the Seafoam may be worth a try:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/en...-bleed-down-after-short-time.html#post2338651

Other than that, if by chance you have a roller cam setup yes they tend to be noisy. A ticking sound could also be an exhaust leak--check to make sure your headers are not cracked especially the driver's side.