Valve spring compressor tool for rent ?

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Anyone have a valve spring compressor tool i can rent ? Looking to change out my stock springs to Comp 980's next week while im on vacation, ill cover shipping both ways of course and toss in beer money.

Thanks

The comp spring 981-16 are junk. I have a brand new set that fail the strength test from by engine builder. You can have them for shipping.

If they are the 981-16 springs- hit the trash can and get real ones. My new set of 981-16 did not even make original GM strength. I am eating the $80 cost. Do not put yourself through the misery of installing junk. You will have to do it over like me.

A run of the mill VS tool can be rented from O'Reily or Autozone.

Regarding spring selection; If the seat pressures and installed heights are not measured for each valve, it probably doesn't matter much what springs are being used and better to leave the old ones in. LOL

A run of the mill VS tool can be rented from O'Reily or Autozone.

Regarding spring selection; If the seat pressures and installed heights are not measured for each valve, it probably doesn't matter much what springs are being used and better to leave the old ones in. LOL
I totally agree. The springs need to be measured before they are installed.
Bison measures and labels each spring before he sends out a set.

The comp spring 981-16 are junk. I have a brand new set that fail the strength test from by engine builder. You can have them for shipping.
The 981 are way better then the 980. The 980s have about 90psi on the seat where the 981s have 110 on the seat. Now after the first couple heat cycles they both will drop around 10psi on the seat which with the 981s leaves you at a good spot for a flat tapped cam . Did your builder guy say what the pressures where or are you just hating on the 981 springs because some guy said they didn’t have enough pressure which they wouldn’t if this was for a roller cam .

The 981 are way better then the 980. The 980s have about 90psi on the seat where the 981s have 110 on the seat. Now after the first couple heat cycles they both will drop around 10psi on the seat which with the 981s leaves you at a good spot for a flat tapped cam . Did your builder guy say what the pressures where or are you just hating on the 981 springs because some guy said they didn’t have enough pressure which they wouldn’t if this was for a roller cam .
I do not know how to type. They are brand new 980s. The story is 110,000 mile stock springs were weak-valve float and limit to 4200 rpm. Mechanic 1 installed 980s. Damaged block by lifter. Pulled motor. Engine builder tested 980s. Too weak to use on new flat tappet 213 213. The engine builder said the new 980s were weaker than original gm springs. They are in a box. Does anyone want them for shipping? I am going to recycle them soon.

I do not know how to type. They are brand new 980s. The story is 110,000 mile stock springs were weak-valve float and limit to 4200 rpm. Mechanic 1 installed 980s. Damaged block by lifter. Pulled motor. Engine builder tested 980s. Too weak to use on new flat tappet 213 213. The engine builder said the new 980s were weaker than original gm springs. They are in a box. Does anyone want them for shipping? I am going to recycle them soon.
I’ll take them