Value of rare dealer brochure?

Safsbay

Looking for honest opinion for value of this dealer brochure I've had in storage since the 1990's. It's a 19-page brochure in the style of the more common "Buick Book" in which the Turbo Regals can be found. This one is called "How to Buy a Hot Buick" and includes T-options and touring options for the Buick line-up. What's interesting is that it includes the FWD LeSabre T-Type (with photos) and the '87 Turbo (and T package) Regals.

I can't find any reference to it online. I purchased it at the Literature Faire (circa 1992?) which was held by the Society for Automotive Historians every year in Southern California. (This is one of several places where I crossed paths with Jay Leno, btw)

If it's worthless (or virtually worthless), I'll hang on to it. But if there's value, I would put it up for sale or auction at some point (to fund my latest car project...lol) Right now, I'm just looking for info on it. A couple of photos:

Nice piece of literature ....probably worth more as memorabilia than cash but I dont really know....
Im sure many of us would like to have it.
Thanks for sharing !

Bryan

Let me know if you want to sell it

Sure, PM a price of what you think it's worth. At this point, I haven't heard from anyone who's seen this piece before so I'm thinking it's fairly obscure and that not many were printed.

I have the same one. its not really that rare to be honest. Id say its worth $20

Sure, PM a price of what you think it's worth. At this point, I haven't heard from anyone who's seen this piece before so I'm thinking it's fairly obscure and that not many were printed.

What shape is it in and how much would you like for it ?

Not to step on anyones toes.....but I may have that brochure around and would do $20 shipped. Again only if the thread starter does not want to part with his.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

as its ben pointed out it is not rare per say but has some good photos in it...

Not to step on anyones toes.....but I may have that brochure around and would do $20 shipped. Again only if the thread starter does not want to part with his.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

as its ben pointed out it is not rare per say but has some good photos in it...

Hi Dennis,

Sure, no problem. But I would like a "finder's fee" of $10. ;-)

Just kidding. It's Steve in PA, with the Syclone (although I'm truckless at the moment).

Truth is, after taking the brochure out to take the photos you see above, I've misplaced it. Broke my cardinal rule..."always put things back". So, sell away!

Steve

As luck woul dhave it I can't put my hands on my copy of this brochure. I should have held my comments til I made sure I had it.

I member you Steve you now live somewhat in my neighborhood....if I recall correctly I bought your GN after you moved from California back to PA and as strange as it sounds the buyer I found lived in Washington State so the car went 3,000 miles one direction and then 3,000 miles back again...

I had several strange deals including one where the owner lived in North Carolina traded the car in West Virginia I bought the car and the buyer I fund probably lived within 50 miles of the original owner....

the list goes on...

take care

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I member you Steve you now live somewhat in my neighborhood....if I recall correctly I bought your GN after you moved from California back to PA and as strange as it sounds the buyer I found lived in Washington State so the car went 3,000 miles one direction and then 3,000 miles back again...

Yep, it's me. Enjoyed a few mornings at Yum Yum with you too. And when we first corresponded in 1992, you told me you remembered my dad's Warrington auto parts store, "Bernie's Auto Parts" at 611 and Almshouse.

Anway, I just bought another Typhoon so I'll be seeing you at TR events and area cars shows, hopefully.

I too misplaced this brochure...probably put it in a very safe place but can't remember.

Kirban Update:

While searching for something else I found that brochure mentioned in this post by Steve. It is in mint condition and it is somewhat rare. I would not want to be accused of selling it too cheap.

If you want it yo must email me direct denniskirban@yahoo.com and be able to do paypal. The price tag which includes priority mail is $24.95 to your door if you reside in the 48 states.

Again lst person to email me direct dennsikirban@yahoo.com will own it.

denniskirban@yahoo.com