Value of High Mileage GNX

cbszr1

What do you think a GNX with 100K plus miles is worth? It has all orginal parts and is a real GNX by the book. The condition is fair, mechanically solid, but needs a little tlc on the exterior.

cbszr1 said:
....The condition is fair, mechanically solid, but needs a little tlc on the exterior.

I'm no expert but a nice GNX was bid to $54,ooo and did not sell at the Mecum auction a couple weeks ago. The TLC comment probably is a key... how much TLC. I'd guess 30k for a fair condition high mileage car needing TLC. This is just a wild guess, why not have it appraised? Paul

Whoa, There! Apples to Apples...

The Mecum GNX (#468) had 5,000 miles, not 100,000.

Nonetheless, the Mecum car was quite poorly advertised and, as a result, was only bid to $54K (no sale, and rightly so) which was quite low. Bad spot on the block schedule also contributed.

A 100K mile GNX, assuming no rust issues (fenders, quarters, doors, etc), would probably be $35K to $45K. Low end needing some work, high end immaculate and well kept. This assumes original documentation and confirmed original turbo as well. Yes, it is possible to keep cars very nice through high miles, but it's not that common.

Case in point: I've seen some 20K mile cars look like they've been through a World War, and some 120K mile cars look like they just rolled out of the showroom (like my every day truck).

Only my opinion, which is worth exactly what you paid for it! :biggrin:

Good luck!