Pics

Attachments

• HPIM1664.JPG
    HPIM1664.JPG
    466.8 KB · Views: 138
  • HPIM1665.JPG
    HPIM1665.JPG
    969.2 KB · Views: 132
That is the 91/92 version of the shifter plate as it ha the indicator on the side for which gear you are in.

Will fit any 85-92 Firebird / TA however was only used on the 91/92 models

Thanks for the info Jan. Could you or someone take a pic of their TTA console? I'm curious what the difference is. I used to own a TTA and the seller gave me that console when I bought the car.

i need to go look at mine tonight... i also don't see the difference... unless my memory is failing me.

Since there are no hole's cut there you could alway's mount the new XP model transducer module in that space, i hear it's 3 time's faster than the old one...

Since there are no hole's cut there you could alway's mount the new XP model transducer module in that space, i hear it's 3 time's faster than the old one...
That is a great idea! And i have no idea what you're talking about but if it helps me sell this thing then I am all for it! Does it come in red? You don't need buttons for power windows....just install remote control windows like everybody else did. Velcro the remote to the dash next to the scanmaster.

Only if you believe in it, then it come's in any color you want; lol ,seriously if someone is good with a Roto zip it would work, just cut the hole's out... may even be marked on the bottom.

It's no big deal cutting the holes. I found a nice replacement for the console in my 82 and it had no holes. I marked it and cut it based on the old console I had removed. I used a dremel to do the cutting. I think the replacements had no holes because they could be used in cars with no options also. It's up to the buyer to make it fit.

Attached is a photo of the 85-90 Style ... the 91/92 style have the orange marker moving / sliding up down to indicate which gear you are in.

The GM replacements came without any holes cut as they try to keep the number of SKUs down or would have to stock all alternatives (without, with PM, without PM, wiht PW, without PW, with PW AND PM) ... and also they discontinued the ealrier 85-90 version and only stocked the 91/92 version for the same reason I presume as the 91/92 versiond fit 85-92 so again keeping number of spare parts to a minimum.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• ShifterFirebirdAuto88-89a.jpg
    ShifterFirebirdAuto88-89a.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 82
Thanks Jan. I looked and mine does not have a template or anything to indicate where to cut for the pw or pm. I'll bring it to gnx meet in Hebron, Ohio this weekend and see if anybody wants to buy it.

Never came with a template as far as I'm aware, you would have to measure your old one then cut the holes accordingly.