Valley Pan Question?

clean86

What is the point of the valley pan on the intake gasket for?
I was guessing it was to keep the oil return from the turbo under it and away from the pcv and underside of the intake. After setting the heads back on my motor and setting the gasket back in place the hole for the return of the turbo is both above and below the gasket? Is this what is it's for or am I way off here?

to keep heat off the intake and to keep the "oil splash" from the lifters low to return. I prefer the stock type valley pan over the other type.

Yes, keeps oil splash from the cam and lifters away from the bottom of the intake and (more importantly) away from the PCV.

What is your take on the oil return blasting oil into the valley? I have seen what the oil looks like as it is comming out and it is a mess, really beat into a milkshake. I was woundering if that oil being dropped right on top of the cam could gave anything to do with cams being wiped?

Also from mocking up the gasket, oil is being shot out of the turbo return above and below the gasket, so any one with a bunch of oil getting sucked into the pcv on a fresh motor look at that gasket!

I am making a fitting on the valley side to direct oil only under the gasket the try to keep the pcv clean.

Does anyone think that trying to make somthing to help get the oil back to a normal state before flowing out of the valley be helpful?

Keep um comming.