valet chip, how?

z1huggy

How can I get a stock chip for valet mode? Basically I've got a stock GN and need a chip with a, say, 3000 rpm limiter and about a 70 mph limit. At least thats what was suggested in my other post 'How to keep shop joyriders at bay' =)

I suppose my questions are: where do I get another chip so I can get it programmed? and uhhhm, whats involved in getting it done? is it expensive? :confused:

TIA

Any vendor can get you a valet chip, normally they charge the same as a performance chip.

Anyone that can burn a chip can do it really easier, set the fuel injectors to cut off at 3000 or what ever your comfortable with, Set the top speed, and I would also set the boost to say 4lb or even 0lbs.

Chuck

Originally posted by wilkinshc
Any vendor can get you a valet chip, normally they charge the same as a performance chip.[/QUOTE

True, but I do them for $15

Anyone that can burn a chip can do it really easier, set the fuel injectors to cut off at 3000 or what ever your comfortable with, Set the top speed, and I would also set the boost to say 4lb or even 0lbs.
Chuck

I can set the speed and RPM limiters, but boost cannot be controlled below 12 psi.

Please e-mail direct for info.