Rate/Inch 353lbs.

Speed Pro-VS-677
O.D. 1.72"
Max.Lift .490"
Closed Pressure 80lbs.@1.70"
Open Pressure 200lbs.@1.25"
Coil Bind 1.150"
Rate/Inch 267lbs

Engine has 50K miles and is as it left the factory.
Any and all opinions are welcome.

Marty,

Since you still have the stock cam go with the VS-677 springs. They are similar to the stock spring specs and should be all you need. You don't need to run the VS-739 springs unless you are planning on upgrading the cam in the future.

Good Luck

Neal

Originally posted by 750H.P.V6
Marty,

Since you still have the stock cam go with the VS-677 springs. They are similar to the stock spring specs and should be all you need. You don't need to run the VS-739 springs unless you are planning on upgrading the cam in the future.

Good Luck

Neal

Well- if that VS-677 spring REALLY has an OD of 1.72", I
don't think it's feasible. Probably a typo though.

Yes, you are right on the O.D. of the VS-677 spring. It should be 1.172". Hope that helps to clarify the earlier typo.

Should I use the factory spring cups that are on the factory valve springs now with the VS-677 spring?

Marty,

I personally don't reuse the stock spring cups. They go in the trash right along with the stock springs. I do like to replace the seals on the intake valve guides with new ones and I install Chevy style umbrella seals on the exhaust.

Neal

Thanks for the reply Neal. I am going to use the VS-677 springs. Are these Chevy umbrella seals a generic item or do I need to give my parts guy a part number?

Marty

Marty,

The Chevy umbrella seals are generic. You should be able to pick up a set at the local machine shop. Auto parts guys may get confused if you can't give them an application. Best part is that they are really cheap too.

Good Luck

Neal