Vacuum brake install question

FLGN

Is there a trick to installing the booster rod on the pedal? Its a very tight fit and I'm having a little trouble getting it to slide on to get the pin in there. Is there a easy way to do this? Thanks

Is there a trick to installing the booster rod on the pedal? Its a very tight fit and I'm having a little trouble getting it to slide on to get the pin in there. Is there a easy way to do this? Thanks

Loosen the booster from the firewall so you get some more play. Once you get the clevis in, cinch the booster back down.

Take the pedal hanger bracket out.
If you have the four nuts off of the inside that hold the booster to the firewall there is only one more bolt to remove. The last bolt goes straight up through the bracket at the front of the dash. Then you can take the whole pedal bracket and assembly out an change the pedal on the bench without standing on your head! :p

The bracket was out and the new pedal was installed on the bench. The problem is the booster rod onto the pedal. I am going to loosen the whole assembly, as suggested, and try again this enening. Even with the seat out it's very tight under there.

It's a lot easier if you have the bolts loose on the booster and have someone hold it for you while you are in the car wrestling with the pedal. If you have them angle the booster up and toward the passenger side a bit, you can usually get it.

Got it. If I had a second person it would have been much easier. I ended up unbolting it from the firewall and connecting the rod first then bolting it down. Thanks to all.