Vacuum block gasket

z1huggy

Just replaced my vacuum block and noticed there was no gasket under it. Can I get this somewhere or even make one? I"m thinking I may have had a lil vac leak there and from what I've read there should be a gasket. Does GM still carry this gasket? Where can I get this bugger?

TIA :)

hey, thanx for the part number. I was gonna try Kirbans but will check my local GM dealers. I'm sure it'll need to be ordered, they didn't even have a correct ignition key for my GN when I needed a copy.

Try this first:

http://www.partsvoice.com/

...when you first come into the Web site use the Guest Login
and just enter your Zip code...under "Make" select GM then enter the part number...it will display the closest dealers that have the part in stock...if you find one close call first to make sure but this will save you some time when trying to get parts...

If you have some extra gasket material around just make one. I did with no problem and no leaks.:)

I just realized you don't have an old one for a template. Might be tough to do without one.

I actually did make one with some gasket material. I cut it out in the shape of that vac block and put the vacuum holes that are in the doghouse in the same places. Luckilly they aren't "port matched" to the vac block. :D I'm going to get the gasket from the dealer so I'll have a spare if mine leaks or something.

MSDN: Thanks for the parts link. Makes it easier to locate stuff instead of calling around :)

GNtType lists # 255 360 28 as the gasket under vacuum pod.

an exploded GM drawing I had lists # 255 372 27.

Both are valid part #s at GMpartsDirect :confused:

z1huggy, which part # did you finally get ?

p/n #25536028 at the Buick dealer. Though its still right here on my desk since I"ve been lazy and my "home" :D cut gasket is not leaking yet.