vacum brakes question

Turbo H/O

Formerly 88 Cutty Classic
Has anyone that converted to vacum brakes use an electric vacum pump and or a vacum canister? I was looking at a car that was converted to vacum. I know it works but for piece of mind would it be a good idea to use a pump?

vacuum or hydroboost?

The vacuum pump has been used for years, but the good one that was made by A C Delco was obsoleted a few years ago. It had the relay and on-off sensors built in. Most aftermarket pumps do not have the sensor switch, and run continuously. This means they last about 6 months before burning up. They also cost $350.00 to $450.00 plus install. Even with the vac pump, you end up with the equivalent of a stock Regal power brake. This is still too weak for a serious performer such as the GN. We have been in the power brake business for 55 years, and actually installed every variation of these systems. We even installed systems for the handicap vans. The hydroboost beats them all. Read "HYDROBOOST VS VACUUM VS POWERMASTER"

POWERBRAKEBOB said:
The vacuum pump has been used for years, but the good one that was made by A C Delco was obsoleted a few years ago. It had the relay and on-off sensors built in. Most aftermarket pumps do not have the sensor switch, and run continuously. This means they last about 6 months before burning up. They also cost $350.00 to $450.00 plus install. Even with the vac pump, you end up with the equivalent of a stock Regal power brake. This is still too weak for a serious performer such as the GN. We have been in the power brake business for 55 years, and actually installed every variation of these systems. We even installed systems for the handicap vans. The hydroboost beats them all. Read "HYDROBOOST VS VACUUM VS POWERMASTER"

Yawn....
Have you gotten to where you can post stopping distances specific to a G-Body?.

You missed the claim about using them in HEMI powered cars, etc. etc..

The Handicap vans, is a new twist, but I don't recall there being any G-Body vans.

Turbo H/O said:
Has anyone that converted to vacum brakes use an electric vacum pump and or a vacum canister? I was looking at a car that was converted to vacum. I know it works but for piece of mind would it be a good idea to use a pump?

*Peace of mind*?, for some that means doing things, in a straigh forward manner, with a min layers of failure.

If it works, as is, all you'd be doing is adding more items to fail.